Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slowmopar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Yard Machine only wants to move in reverse.
    I recently bought a Yard Machine (Model# 13BM675G009) 14.5 horse Briggs powered, Transmatic (I think?) mower. It wasn't running when I got it and that has all been fixed but when I start it the mower refuses to move forward. It will move perfectly fine in reverse although it also seems to go in reverse if I don't have it in reverse (have the selector in the neutral position). If I put it in the forward position the mower dies. I've discovered that if I idle it all the way up, put the shift on the go shifter on its max setting and push the forward lever hard towards its position it will budge forward an inch or two before it dies.

I'm pretty experienced in automotive mechanics but know absolutely nothing about small engines, does anyone have any advice or solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance, Ian
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Ian, the reason it leaped forward at high rpm is because of the sudden "joult". Check all linkages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd yard machine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD 14.5 hp yard machine has been hard to start for a while. Turn the key and back off several times before it will start.. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid and now it does not even make a sound. What else could it be.

18 HP Yard Machine Won't turn over ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 18 HP Yard Machine Riding mower, bought it new in 2002, went to cut the grass today and nothing... I tried to jump start it, charged the battery, cleaned terminals, and still nothing. When I turn the key to start it there's a slight click, but not from the starter. I even tried to jump the...

Yard Machine troubeshooting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have an MTD manufactured Yard Machine ride-on lawn tractor. Everything runs smoothly until I engage the PTO (cutting blade). The machine is in the correct gear with the throttle open the correct amount and the deck lowers without incident. Yet when I attempt to engage the blade, the...

Yard Machine Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18.5HP MTD Yard Machine that the choke cable will not pullout on. How can I fix this?

View more questions Search