Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordan45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Girlfriend wants to take a break
    OK so I will start with I have been with my g/f for 2 months, she is in a really bad situation that didn't come out in the beginning. I will start with her being evicted from her apartment about 2 weeks ago, she also has no car due to it breaking down. She is in this town without her family who is about 4 hrs away.

We work at the same place, so I started taking her to work until her situation got worked out. She decided to move in with her best friends sister who just lost her job and is pregnant. They are now charging her 250 to stay with them. In the meantime she has bills to pay such as the 3 months rent, about 600 for her electric that was behind, her cable and internet which both got shut off also. Not to mention the money that she needs to save for a car.

So due to both of our schedules (I work 2 part time jobs), and the location of where she is staying with no car, we rarely ever see each other. The only time we do is if we go out on the weekends. During the week she doesn't want to stay at my place or even really hang out. She is always with her friends and says she just doesn't want to hang out due to all the stuff that she has on her mind.

So basically yesterday she says that we need a break so she can get her stuff together, she assures me that this break is because she feels like she is hurting my feelings by never hanging out with me and that she is not looking for anyone else but needs to get her mind straight. She still wants me to go out with her Friday and Saturday this week.

Basically I feel as if I am a showpiece to her friends and her family and that she only wants me around as a convienance, I am unsure as if I should keep talking to her and hanging out, another thing that makes it hard is that we work together, so any advice on this whole situation is appreciated, thanks.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
    I wouldn't go out with her this weekend. Tell her you wanted a break so that is what we are doing.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan45

basically i feel as if i am a showpiece to her friends and her family and that she only wants me around as a convienance,
    Let me confirm your feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan45
    i am unsure as if i should keep talking to her and hanging out, another thing that makes it hard is that we work together, so any advice on this whole situation is appreciated, thanks.
    You should not keep hanging out. She asked for a break-give it to her.

At work just be polite, happy, and short with her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 04:44 PM
    So basically yesterday she says that we need a break so she can get her stuff together,
    I'm with Chuff on this one, give her what she asked for, and disappear from her life, and let her get her stuff together. At work be polite but really brief. This is not a good match at this time, and really, she didn't make time for you anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I break up with my girlfriend? [ 45 Answers ]

So, today I found out some stuff about my girlfriend that kind of hit me pretty hard. After my girlfriend and I had been dating for a little while, she asked me why I still had my "hotornot" account still active. I told her that I just hadn't got around to deleting it. She said that she had already...

My girlfriend wants to take a break. [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for over two years and over 4 months and she wants to take a break. This is will be the second break of own relationship. This time she doesn't know why she is breaking up with me. But some of her friends are partying and drinking people and I'm not down with...

Girlfriend wants break [ 3 Answers ]

All right well I had been going out with my girl for about 8 months and she said she wanted a break. We don't live that close to each other but that was never a big problem. I love her very much and I she constantly reminds me the same thing. But you might know what I mean she started hanging out...

My girlfriend wants to break up. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone.I am really facing a serious problem in my life and I really appreciate any help I can get.I have been in a good relationship with a girl for 2 and a half years.it was a lovely time but now she wants to break up.well its not that I never got signs that she wasn't being as close to me...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

View more questions Search