Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Schmidtler Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Placing rock around the fireplace
    When I place my manufactured stone around my fireplace on my sheetrock (over wire mesh), do I need to use a scratch coat first? Many people I've talked to tell me a scratch coat is no longer needed with the materials available today.

Thanks,

Schmidt
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 09:08 AM
    I do apply a scratch coat just to insure there is enough mortar behind the mesh. Then I wet the rock and butter it with mortar. Push the rock flat againist the wall and give it a little twisting as you set it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to go about placing New Job Bids. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently started my own small Commercial Cleaning company (I clean offices and such) and want to know where I can get blank Bid Forms (or if there is such a thing). Also, I would very much appreciate any information as to how to formally submit a bid. And MOST IMPORTANT, how to find out about Bid...

New Addition and A/C vent placing [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I am placing an add-on to my home. 513sqft, 35' x 15' I have one side of 35' wall with 5 large windows and the room is a valted ceiling. Iam placing an a/c to the addition from my exsisting air handler with a 10in duct and reduced to two 8in duct and vents that will be placing in the...

Placing a Lien on my own property? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been told that wealthy people place two liens on their own property, together equalling 100% of the value, to protect it should someone else want to place a lien on it. Is this correct? And how do we go about doing this?

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

Placing an offer on a home [ 2 Answers ]

How many days does a seller have to accept an offer?

View more questions Search