Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiki31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Furnace blows cool air
    I have a new American Standard energy efficient 2-stage furnace installed. When it kicks on the air feels cool. The house does eventually warm up to the correct temperature but I have to keep it at a higher temperature to feel warm. Do the new energy efficient furnaces kick out cooler air? My townhome is 1300 sq feet and the BTU is 60,000. Is this the correct amount of BTU?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 11:20 PM
    ((I have a new American Standard energy efficient 2-stage furnace installed))

It is under warranty. Call the company that installed your unit since if you mess with it you might violate the warranty.

((My townhome is 1300 sq feet and the BTU is 60,000. Is this the correct amount of BTU?)0

Could be. It depends upon the temperatures in your area. The number of windows and other calculations for insulation etc. The company should have researched this before the install. But by my guesstimate it should be OK size wise.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
    If it's a new system you need to call the contractor that installed it the work should be under warranty. If it's a gas furnace no it should not be blowing cold air at first. First stage heat may not be set up right. If you have a dual fuel system - first stage heat pump and second stage gas furnace it's a different ball game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace lights, goes off after a minute or so, then blows cool air [ 6 Answers ]

We just noticed this problem today, on the coldest day it has been this winter. Don't know if the cold has anything to do with this issue or not, but I don't think so after reading through the forum. The problem appears to be that our furnace (about 15-20 years old, Magic Chef/Comfortmaker Ultra II...

Pilot light is on but furnace blows cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Came home today to find my house at 53 F. Thermostat was set at 68, so I checked the breaker and that was fine. Checked the wires from the t-stat to the furnace and everything looked good. Pilot light was lit, so I turned the fan switch to "manual" and now the furnace is blowing cool air. I've...

My furnace only blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a townhouse, and last weekend the furnace worked fine. Now, all that I get out of the registers is cool air. The furnace ran almost all night, but no warm air at all. What might the problem be?

Furnace blows cool air [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is a bryant model-cacf030aza 5yrs old, natural gas,forced air the problem is that the air coming out of vents is cool air , we have central air, but we made sure that the thermostat was set to heat. In the furnace we do not see any fire at all. It is on and it blows but the air is cool...

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

View more questions Search