Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 8, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Incorrect W2
    I received my W2 from my current employer around the end of February (Late, I know), and it was completely screwed up. Some of the fields were missing, some were only half filled in... So, they updated the accounting software, and now we have new ones (Recieved at the end of march... just keeps getting later)

For the most part, these are correct. Unfortunately, the tax tables they had for the accounting software were wrong and not nearly enough money was taken out. We're talking NO local tax taken out, Very little state/fed/medicare/SS.

My W2 is still incorrect. The SS wages match my regular wages (in box 1), but the medicare wages box is completely blank. Now, I was told by my employer that it should match box 1, but the W2 is still incorrect.

Do I fill out my tax return (via Turbotax) with the information on the W2 and get audited, then explain my situation, or the information I know to be correct, and go against the W2?

My other employer from last year sent me 2 W2's, both with the same employer ID number. One has all my regular income on it, and the only thing filled out on the other is Non-Taxable Sick Pay. I believe this to be my unused vacation pay that I received after I had quit. DO I enter that as a separate W2, or add the information together, since it's the same EID, name, and address?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 04:45 AM
    It is better that you get a correct W2 from your employer. Meanwhile you can file for extension. Make sure to pay taxes before the due date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099C is incorrect [ 1 Answers ]

I received a 1099C that the amount on that does not agree with the Settlement really was. How do I get fixed or can I ?

Incorrect W-2 [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-empolyer did not pay me for 8 weeks of work for 2006. Now, I get a W-2 showing he paid me. I have a claim in with the labor dept last year but they did nothing, well they made a phone call but that was it. I have a copy of the only check they did give me for 2006 and it was returned for...

Incorrect info or is it right? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17, and have been trying to find a sure answer on a question for a while. My boyfriend is 21, and I was wondering if my parents found out we were sexually active, I they could 1) press charges and if they can, then 2) if they can press charges against my will. I live in Michigan, and I read...

Incorrect wiring [ 4 Answers ]

When contractor installed the gas furnece, he did not connect the wires from Central A/C to the furnece. I connected two wires white and red coming from A/C unit to the furnece, the AC unit works but the blower fan of the furnece does not go on. I just need your help to figure out how many wires...

View more questions Search