Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Apr 7, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Should I trust my intuition?
    Okay. So one of my best friends is abroad. I met up with her during spring break overseas. She has this guy friend who she became really really close friends with over there and who apparently knows a lot of stuff about me by default. She was going on and on about how she wanted to hook me up with him, but I said no. He sounded waaaay too like me--moody, intense, silly, and immature.

Well, I finally met him and to my surprise, he's completely different from me. He's intense in a different way. I feel like in many ways we're opposites. And crap, I am infatuated with and repelled by him at the same time. I feel like he has a lot of problems underneath his aloof exterior. I have pretty good intuition when it comes to people, as in if I get bad vibes from them or not, even if my first impression of them is wrong.

Anyway, the last time I was hanging out with them, he would talk to me one moment, leave, then come back to talk to me. He would dance with me, then tell me he had to talk to his friend, and then come back. When I told him I was leaving, he looked at me and asked, "give me 30 minutes." I left without saying goodbye. I had a flight out the next day.

My friend is convinced we have "a thing" for each other. She is forever the optimist, and probably exaggerating things. I'm afraid he acted weird because she was prob pressuring him (as she was doing to me) to talk to him/hook up, not because he's interested.

I left a message on his Facebook wall and he didn't write back on my wall. Instead, he Facebook messaged me. I also he untagged the photos I took with him. I've heard from my best friend's ex that he has "family" issues and really cares about appearances/reputation.

Dear lord. I know how to pick them...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 07:29 AM
    You have those feelings to protect yourself, so listen to them and let him fade into the sunset. NEXT!
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Apr 8, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Yes, time to let this one go! Until he can get things straight in his life, he'll never be able to have a healthy relationship with another.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Apr 11, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Hello. Thanks for you input. My friend just got back from her Eurotrip and is settling back in her university abroad. She told me, without my asking, that that guy friend "really liked you," that he thought I was "very pretty," that he had to "attend to his friends that night because that was the only time he was going to see them," and looks forward to "seeing you in the fall." I said that was nice.

I wonder why he couldn't just tell me this through Facebook? Why did he have to use my friend as an intemediary? Lol. (Fine... I came across a bit short with him and sarcastic, cutting the conversation short, but I was just protecting myself.. )

Anyway, it figures that I am crushing on an emotionally unavailable person, even though I will never act upon such feelings.

Sigh...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
    I never put a lot of stock into what friends, or relatives convey about the feelings of others, and your right, I mean what ever happen with telling people face to face what's going on? All these new fangled ways to communicate, but who's communicating?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will she trust me? [ 5 Answers ]

I have to say first that I am not currently married but, you could say that I am. I have been with my Girlfriend now for a long time and we are atuck so to say. I am in the military and we travel a lot and so is she. In the summer of 06' I was in Guam and when I got back someone started a F****D...

He doesn't trust me [ 2 Answers ]

My husband does not trust me. He has no reason not to, in fact if anyone should not be trusted it would be him. But he always comes and checks up on me and freaks out if I forget my phone or don't answer his call. What should I do? What should he do?

Why should I trust ? [ 3 Answers ]

Why is the man who invests all your money called a 'broker'?

How do I trust again [ 27 Answers ]

Hello My husband has a problem with drinking,he is a great guy without it.we have been here before,he said he will stop,how do I believe him or trust him again? STEPHANIE:confused:

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search