Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johny6566 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 03:33 PM
    90 honda ignition problem
    90 honda accord starts but when key released to run position car immediately dies. Any ideas on this one? Thanks JD
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 10, 2006, 04:22 PM
    Search the other threads in this forum for this problem. It has been solved. I think it's your ignition switch.

Feb 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Thanks CroCivic
    Found bad ignition switch behind key cylinder, located one from a local parts Yahoo for $60 US. Fairly easy install with Haynes repair manual. Just wondering if Honda repair manual any better for troubleshooting or repair info? JD
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Yes, I'd say the factory repair manual is better. No real pictures, but everything is explained in a very clear way, with lots of "diagrams" (I'm missing the right word here).

I'm glad you managed to solve your problem!

Feb 14, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Very carefully opened the bad ignition switch and found contacts dirty and discolored. Cleaned up with an eraser and crocus paper and reassembled switch. I probably could've reused it instead of buying a new switch. The new one was an Airtex brand. Anyone familiar with this brand? I know some of the aftermarket brands are not the greatest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Is Ignition Module 1992 Honda Accord Ex [ 12 Answers ]

My Car Won't Start And I'm Not Getting Any Spark From The Coil, So I Replaced The Coil To No Avail. I Guess The Next Thing Is The Ignition Module.. can Anyone Please Tell Me Where It Is Located... thanks

Can't remove key from Honda Civic ignition on cold days [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX sedan. On cold days (below 5C/40F) I cannot remove the key from the ignition after the car has been running. I live in Canada, so this makes for a very frustrating driving experience from November to April. A friend of mine has an Accord of similar vintage, and has...

Replacing Ignition in 1992 Honda Accord LX [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the ignition cylinder assembly in my 1992 Honda Accord LX, automatic. What is the trick to getting the old one out. I have the steering column disaasembled but I can't figure out how to actually remove the old cylinder. Any suggestios?

89 dakota ignition problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 89 dodge dakota 3.9l. The engine turns over, but will not fire. Problem seems to be intermittent. When not firing, zero voltage at coil. What is causing this? I started my truck 20-30 times this afternoon with no problem... now won't start. Accessories always work OK though.

91 Honda Civic Ignition Switch [ 3 Answers ]

I need instructions for replacing a 91 Honda Civic ignition "lock" switch. I have to replace the whole unti not just the tumblers. Thanks.

View more questions Search