Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T-Bag Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Apr 5, 2008, 07:58 PM
    How can I learn to be a gifter speaker and develop a hypnotic, charismatic style?
    There are many great speakers in the world and I would like to become one of them. Although I hate to say this, Hitler was my favorite. He was a horrible man but if you ever saw one of his speeches, you would be moved! Anyway, how can I develop myself into a speaker close to that (because I'll never get as good as he is)? How can I hypnotize and make the crowd grow wild like he did? Please help. I really want to join the speech and debate team but first I must learn to be a great speaker! Thank you!

P.S. - I DO NOT SUPPORT HITLER NOR THE NAZI...
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Horrible person... but good speaker (considering you weren't listening to what he was saying.. he kind of gives me the chills) I'll agree with that kind of...

I suppose lots of practice and an aurora of confidince is necessary. You need to know what your talking about and be certain. Certainty means that your in control to other people... but don't get cocky that signify's arragance. Being charismatic probably has something to do with good looks too... so being clean cut is probably a plus.

I think the best advice is practice, practice, practice. Talk to yourself, watch how you talk and your body motions in a mirror. Joining the debate team will help you learn a lot too... you don't have to know everything about debating before you actually join, I'm sure that they'd be willing to help you improve on anything that needs improving.

Good luck... and please if you are successful use the speaking for good!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 08:21 PM
    You are in high school? If so, yes, join the speech and debate team and practice, practice, practice! Get together a small group of friends or neighborhood children or a few adults and speak in front of them, then let them critique your speech. Start with short famous speeches or writings such as the Gettysburg Address or Psalm 23 or I Corinthians 13. Read out loud to children or even just your mirror. Watch videos of charismatic speakers such as Martin Luther King, Jr. or Barack Obama or Billy Graham and note voice and even how the speech was crafted. Join a local acting group; most villages have one. Learn how to avoid mannerisms and "uh"s and "you know"s. Once you get to college, get a job on the local radio station. Join the Toastmasters' Club. Practice, practice, practice!
    backlog007 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Excellent advice that u've got so far... practice is the key word to solve your problem.. just logon to www.toastmasters.org and locate a club near to you... they would be more than happy to include you as a member and there you are... on the way to that stage or podium or watever... good luck!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Voice control, and listen and listen to some of the best. But in some ways, some people are more born with it, but you can copy them if you try hard
    Chiposha Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Find and Join Toastmasters International in your city.PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Good luck.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 05:59 PM

Charisma comes from the conveyance of being completely comfortable with yourself and your convictions... It is hard to achieve in youth because we are just learning about ourselves and our self-esteem is vulnerable. As we age, we adopt a clearer vision of ourselves manifested through life experiences and family ties (hopefully healthy ones).

If used for good you can move mountains like Gandhi or Martin Luther King or Abraham Lincoln.

If used for bad you can create your own demise like Charles Manson, Hitler, or Mussolini.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm having speaker issues! [ 6 Answers ]

OK so, I was using headphones as speakers for my PC. I got new desktop speakers tonight, and hooked them up and everything. The only problem I'm having is that the speakers are VERY low! I've checked everything I could volume wise, and I even tried changing my default device for sound. I even...

Speaker mesh cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

Not only car speakers, but speakers in general. What do you use To clean the mesh? Dirt accumulates in the small holes.

Can a short period still develop into a healthy pregnancy? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Girls... I'm still confused by my 2and 1/2 day period at the beginning of January... I thought it might have been implantation bleeding, but now I think it may have been just wishful thinking and a weird period. But my question is: can that strange short 'different' period still continue into...

Speaker Static [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if any of you knew how get rid of speaker static that happens every time I play a PC game or a sound file --but it's not coming from the speakers themselves. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search