Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikki21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Can felons get passports?
    I have a felony on my record from an offense in 2003. My paretns want to take me to mexico next year, would I be able to even get a passport to go?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki21
    I have a felony on my record from an offense in 2003. My paretns want to take me to mexico next year, would I be able to even get a passport to go?

I will quote a person who posts regularly (and maybe he'll appear to answer himself):

"You can get a passport, you can leave the country. The question is whether some other country will let you in."
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
    A passport is merely a federal ID. ** for all those people who hate federal ID's. You can get one. The issue is if the county you are going to visit will require a VISA for that visit. I don't believe Mexico has any requiremens at this pont and time for tourists.

But yes apply for your passport, you can contact the Dept of State or the nearest Mexican embassy to see any special rules for visiting that nation.
    Visas para Extranjeros - SRE
    awilhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Can felon with drug charges get a passport to go to venezuela?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by awilhite
    can felon with drug charges get a passport to go to venezuela?

FrChuck explained this - a passport is Federal ID which allows you to leave the country; a VISA (issued by the country you are intending to visit) allows you entry into that country.

There are several other posts on this which you may wish to research.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passports for Felons [ 4 Answers ]

Are convicted felons elible for passports in the state of Florida?

Felons and passports [ 7 Answers ]

I am a convicted fellon for weed. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get a passport or if it is a waist of time to try for one? Please let me know. My email is [email protected] thank you for any info you can give me

Passports For Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible under federal law for a convicted felon, not on probation or parole, to get his or her passport?

Passports for felons [ 8 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon obtain a passport?

Can convicted felons get passports [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon for drug possession. I need to get a passport so I can move to Mexico with my Father and work. What are the guidelines for obtaining a passport with a record?

View more questions Search