Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jwalker0094 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Weight loss with creatine
    I want to start a work out plan and I'm going to take some sort of supplement. I'm 6'5" and 320lbs I want to lose weight but gain a lot of muscle and I was wondering if taking creatine and vitamin be would help me in my goals
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Apr 5, 2008, 07:48 AM
    First, we will start with creatine. It is very intresting that you asked this question. Creatine was mentioned last week, in chapter 32, in our Biology class. According to the Impact and Issues: Pumping up Muscles, creatine might work.

Creatine is a short chain of amino acids and another supplement being touted as a performance enhancer. The body normally makes some creatine and gets more from food. When called upon to contract hard and fast, muscles draw on phosphorylated creatine as an instant energy source. In several controlled studies, creatine improved performance during brief, high intensity exercise. However, when you take creatine, you take it at your own risk.

Excessive creatine intake puts a strain on kidneys and we do not yet know what long-term effects might be. Moreover, no reglatory agency checks to see how much creatine is actually in any given commercially processed food. Therefore, my advice to you is to keep your dosage at or below 10g per day. This is the dosage given to a group of 200 participants in a NIH-sponsored clinical trial for 12 months.

Now, as for my advice with vitamin B, you should only strive to meet the daily recommended amounts. High doses of vitamin B are known to stimulate cancer growth in animals. There is no proof of this effect in humans, but there is a theoretical precaution. In addition, excessive doses may elevate the risk of a heart attack. One recent study published by the New England Journal of Medicine, followed people who had a heart attack and found that the risk of a second attack increased, after taking B supplements. Therefore, you may be able to get by using the daily intake of B vitamin from food alone, without having to resort to B supplements.

Hope this answers you question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me lose weight. I am a very young person that is in their 100's. Please help me. I don't go on diets though. Give me an excersize routine or something. HELP!:o

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

Regarding Loss weight. [ 10 Answers ]

HI friends, This is ankitha from Bangalore, India. Actually, I want to know about weight loss. I heard that Hot water + Lemon can reduce the calories & fat. IS it fact? If it is when I have to drink, whether before brushing or after brushing? Please reply me... as soon as possible. Cheers,...

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I used to be very thin probably too thin I was 6 1/2 stone at 18. I didn't eat very much at all because I liked the weight I was at and every time I put on weight I felt repulsive. I sort of got over this when I seen some photos and I went up to a healthy 9 1/2 stone (I am 5"4) I have recently...

View more questions Search