Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Foreign owned property in US
    I've learned that 10% of luxury homes in US are purchased by foreigners who mainly live in other countries.

What are the conditions regarding taxes, and other issues they have different than US residents?

Thanks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
    [QUOTE=lawanwadee]I've learned that 10% of luxury homes in US are purchased by foreigners who mainly live in other countries.

What are the conditions regarding taxes, and other issues they have different than US residents?

What types of taxes? Property? Income?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheriting Foreign Property [ 3 Answers ]

My question involves taxation on inherited property abroad. My grandfather, a non-US national, left me a house in India several years ago. I sold the house many years later, presumably for a gain from what the house was worth at the time of death. The proceeds were invested in a tax-free...

Tax on Foreign Property [ 1 Answers ]

My dad was born in another country and bought real property before immigrating to America. After he moved to America and became a US citizen, he maintained ownership of the foreign property. He now wants to sell the foreign property for a good profit and bring the money over to the US. Is...

Foreign property [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a U S citizen working for the U S government in Germany. I bought a house in Germany in 2006. I pay the property tax on the house to the German government. The house is being financed through a German bank. Can I deduct my mortgage payments and interest payments for this property.

Single, $52,000 salary, No property owned.How should I file? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 24, Single and own no property. I make about $52,000 a year and would like some advice on how to file. Right now I am 0 for Federal and 1 for State. I am looking to take home less on my checks to get more of a refund at the end of the year. Am I filed correctly? Or should I be at 0 Fed and 0...

View more questions Search