Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    killbill Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Can a local bank in the Dominican Republic come after me in the US?
    I purchased 3 apartments in the dominican republic as an investment. I was hoping to purchase and sell them to a particular perspective buyer. The buyer backed out and now the bank will be forclosing on the properties. Can the bank come after me in the US or can the foreclosure appear on my credit report here in the US? Basically, how will this affect me here in the US?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by killbill
    I purchased 3 apartments in the dominican republic as an investment. I was hoping to purchase and sell them to a particular perspective buyer. The buyer backed out and now the bank will be forclosing on the properties. Can the bank come after me in the US or can the foreclosure appear on my credit report here in the US? Basically, how will this affect me here in the US?

The various sites appear to be saying yes, the debt can be collected in the US - there are collection agencies which are advertising collecting foreign debts in the US and the Domican Republic is one of the countries mentioned.

I believe it CAN appear on your credit report. I know debts incurred in Mexico can.
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Apr 17, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Why don't you do the honorable thing and market them to other prospective buyers? Did you just want to "make a fast buck" as an intemediary?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding x-intercepts, local maximum, local minimum of graph [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find the x-intercepts, local maximums, and local minimums of this graph --> f(x)=1/9(x-3)^2(x+3)^2 using a graphing calculator?

Boyfriend going to Dominican [ 3 Answers ]

:( My boyfriend is going to domincan in feb with his friends, out of which only one have a girlfriend. I told him I'm worried about going because he's going to get drunk and hook up with someone he told me he's going at time when no one will be there and that I should trust him, he's never given...

ITIN in Czech Republic [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Im 3d artist from Czech Republic. I filled w-8ben here. To claim tax treaty benefits I need to obtain an ITIN number from IRS. I know I must send: 1) W-7 form 2) notarized passport 3) I have document from turbosquid, where they write that I uploaded my models and may have some sales. ...

Republic or democracy [ 2 Answers ]

Are we a Republic or Democracy, I seems are should be a Republic, as stated in the Pledge of Allegiance. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Does anyone...

View more questions Search