Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcline9892 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Laminate flooring
    Our floor is laminate. Just got it put down last week. The cat vomited on it sometime this morning and when we cleaned it up, the floor at the seam had swollen (about 3 to 4 inches). I am drying it with a fan right now. Will that go down or is the floor ruined?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 01:24 PM
    That seam will look a little bit better in a few days but it will never lay perfectly flat again. I hate to say it this way but think of the many spills that may happen over the years, each spill can do the same. 20-20 hindsight but I'd say you did not buy a high quality flooring material.
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Apr 4, 2008, 06:54 PM
    ROFL. Almost every time we put down a new floor, the cats seem to come in and be sick on it. Even carpet. There must be some smell in it that doesn't agree with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I have laminate wood flooring in my kitchen. One of my children spilled something on the floor and neglected to clean it up. When I noticed it, it had already buckled. Is there any home fix-it I can try to correct this. I cannot afford to have it repaired and would appreciate any help.

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a difference between buckling and cupping and what causes both.

Laminate Flooring [ 7 Answers ]

I need help... I am trying to figure out what is the best brand for me to buy between a 7mm quickstep and a 12mm St James brand. I was told that the 7mm quick step was such a good product that I could go lower in the thickness and it would be just as good as 12mm with other brands. Does anybody...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I am just about to lay laminate flooring in my conservatory, unfortunately the conservatory is a hexagonal shape, I was wondering how I would get straight joins on the laminate when I get to my change of angle within the conservatory, would I need to mitre the joints or measure the angle of the...

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search