Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anew28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Did I derive citizenship
    I'm 26years old and I was adopted when I was 6 months old from So. Korea by U.S Citizens. I'd like to know if I should file a N-400 since I'm an adult now or should I use the N-600? The instructions form (N-600) is a little confusing. It seems like I should use that form but the only problem is that I was 19 years old when the child citizenship act was passed in 2-2001. Please help?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 05:15 PM
    You've become US citizen since the time of adoption. All you need is file N-600 to obtain Certificate of Citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

How can I get citizenship? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living in Portugal for 9 years, married a portuguese man in 2002 and have had residency since 2003. My daughter was born in Portugal. I am south African. How can I apply for citizenship and what do I need to do so? Thank you very much.

Us citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!I'm 21 years old and I'm french! I came here with a visa for 1 year as a nanny.my year is almost over and I have to go back to france. But I'm getting married at the end of January! And even with the marriage it s seems hard for me to come back here! I need help with how to be a citizen, what I...

View more questions Search