Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 3, 2008, 07:12 AM
    City water with septic tank
    I know this sounds like a ridiculous question, but I'm in the middle of an argument with someone...

If you have public water, but a septic tank in your yard, WHERE does the used water go? As in the bath tub or sink... once it goes down the drain, does it pour into your septic tank?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Hi Learning:

Waste water goes from the home, into the septic tank where basically, solids fall out and settle... and water goes to a field of pipes where it is distributed by gravity to the surrounding ground to be absorbed.

Check out this link:

http://www.epa.gov/owm/septic/pubs/h...guide_long.pdf

More info. There then you ever want to know... ;) Hope that helped... Mark
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 3, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Thank you very much! This did help tremendously :)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Glad to help!

Have good day... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Leach Bed Leaks Back into Septic Tank [ 15 Answers ]

Every time we get a heavy rain I get water coming from the leach bed back into the septic tank. Is there a check valve that can be installed to prevent this from happening or any other suggestions? I have been told that a curtain drain would help, but that is costly.

Where is my septic tank? [ 12 Answers ]

Closing on my 1st house soon and I want to find out the condition of the tank.. unfortunately the seller is just flipping the house so he doesn't know.. generally how far and how deep are septic tanks.. I see a very big cast iron pipe in the basement leading out.are the tanks always in a straight...

Washing machine water backing up from septic tank [ 2 Answers ]

I had my septic tank pumped in January, it needed it. Since then while washing clothes water has backed up into the downtsairs tub and toilet (wahser is down stairs as well). We have had a lot of rain recently and I read that this could cause this, is that correct? Or are there other things I can...

Grey water from Septic Tank leak? [ 3 Answers ]

We purchased a house 3 months ago and the owner disclosed they had grey water by an outside wall in the spring when it rained a lot. We ordered a septic inspection prior to buying the house and the sewage inspector said the greywater was because the sink and the shower in the basement bathroom...

Told to close to water tank by city low pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Biulding a new home told by the city I will only have 15 lbs water pressure as I am to close to the city water tank.. what's the best way to fix this problem use... inline booster pump or use a booster pump and a bladder tank in the basement?? Thanks for any ideas and help... Bob

View more questions Search