Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kass420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Underage dating
    If my boyfriend is almost 18... and I'm almost 13... would we be in trouble for dating?? :confused: :confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
    He could be arrested and sent to jail for a long time if he so much as touches you below the neck or kisses you, as that is considered statutory rape, since he is WAY WAY WAY too old for you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2008, 12:28 PM
    There are several threads that discuss this and I STRONGLY suggest you read them.

There are no laws that would make it illegal for him to date you. However, any sexual activity could land him jail as you are under the age of consent.

But even if its not illegal to date, its HIGHLY questionable. At almost 13 you are in a very different place in your maturation then he is. Heck, at 12 you shouldn't be even dating! Group dating with kids your own age is the only thing you should be doing at your age.

It is hard to imagine what an 18 yr old boy would find in common with a 13 yr old girl. The one thing that would leap to any one's mind is sex. And of course that can lead to jail. That's why an underaged female is often referred to as jail bait.

Do your parents know about him? Do they approve? This situation has trouble written all over it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
    It is not a good idea at this point for you to date someone that age since you are so young. All sorts of things can happen to him. If say, you would get pregnant, then he could be charged with statutory rape and sent to jail for a long time. Now do you want that to happen to him? Of course not. Cool the dating scene right now and have some fun with kids more your own age for now. If it's meant to be, he'll wait for you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 2, 2008, 01:59 PM
    What on earth has a 12 year old got to offer a 17 year old in any way at all!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Yes, this 18 or 17 year old is no better than a child molester even wanting to date a 12 or 13 year old. Where is the 13 year olds parents, they should be having the police at that 17 year old door for something on the first date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage dating [ 6 Answers ]

What us the legal age of dating in Indiana?

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Underage Sex [ 7 Answers ]

My son is having a relationship with his supervisor at work. He is 17 and she is 22. Can anyone tell me the parameters around that?

Underage sex. [ 39 Answers ]

Hay there. Please help. Here's my question. Since I met my boyfriend(when I was twelve) We have been going out for a year and 4 months now. And I turn 14 in a month. We have tried having sex a lot of times But it just hurts too much for me and I don't know if its my body saying I'm not ready yet or...

Dating underage [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old date a 15 yr old in GA? :mad:

View more questions Search