Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B16pell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 01:16 PM
    45yr old lead shower stall concrete slab
    I removed the lead shower pan and cut the lead off around the drain.

Removed the drain ,seems to be a 4" to 5" piece of lead pipe down in the concrete I guess attached to cast iron .how do I go about this situation??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2006, 01:35 PM
    What is it that you wish to do? Install a new tile shower? Patch the floor and hide the pipe? You ask," how do i go about this situation???" and then don't tell me what the situation is. I'll wait on your reply. Tom
    B16pell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Install a new shower drain and tile the floor.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 9, 2006, 03:19 PM
    First of all you must get rid of the lead pipe raising out of the hole and convert to 2" PVC. Until you do that you can go no farther. Take out the cement and tell me exactly how the lead pipe's attached to the cast iron. Or if you can remove the lead pipe without breaking cement let me know if there's a cast iron hub down there. Do not break the hub because if it's intact I can get a PVC raiser down there without pouring a lead and oakum joint or tearing up and cement. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installation of a shower stall on a concrete slab [ 6 Answers ]

How is the drain of a shower stall connected to the ptrap that has been roughed in, in a concrete slab during new house construction to make a water tight connection? The ptrap is PVC.

Shower p-trap - concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I have already poured a 6 inch thick concrete slab for a shop floor. During the slab construction a 3 inch pvc rough stubbed drain was put in the concrete to act as the shower drain (from the shower to the septic tank line). I realized after the fact that no p-trap was placed within the slab; only...

Disentegrated (Possibly Lead) pipe in concrete slab for S-trap [ 5 Answers ]

1-1/4 trap broke off level with the slab in my ground floor BR. Listening to bad advise, I tried prying away the remainder of the trap in the floor, now what appears to be soft soft lead pipe has tottally disintegrted and I see down to the dirt and the remainder of the pipe under the slab. I...

Shower stall on a slab [ 7 Answers ]

Venting a shower stall in a slab [ 11 Answers ]

:o Hello, We just had our first rough plumbing inspection and the inspector did not like the way I was thinking of venting a shower stall. We are roughing in plumbing for a ground level bathroom where the piping will be under concrete. In one corner of the bath we want to install a 38"...

View more questions Search