Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MALMIZAL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Hedge fund K-1
    When received a K-1 from hedge fund, there is about $20,000 in Line 1, oridinary income(loss) and its detail schedule shows that interest income about $5,000, and $8,000 dividend income( $6000 qaualified income included here) and swap income of $7000. Among $20,000 total ordinary income, can I put $5K as interest income, $8k as dividend (6K as qualified income), 7k as ordinary income in my tax return to benefit from qualified dividend income tax rate? Appreciate your answers.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 5, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Yes, you can!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Education fund [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriends 2 grandkids are now sadly left without parents. Their ages are 2 and 6 years old. I would like to start a trust fund for them or some type of savings account that they would have when their 18. They live in Philadelphia PA. I would also like to know how other people would be...

Fund, trust or something else? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband passed away and I asked people to donate to my daughter's college fund in lieu of flowers. Before I made the announcement to the newspaper, I asked the bank how I should have the people make out the check; either just my daughter's name, or it could be "Jane Doe's Scholarship Fund." ...

What should I do with hedge? [ 3 Answers ]

When I bought my house there was a hedge on the left side (facing house) of the driveway. The hedge is about 4-5 feet from the property line with 2 trees behind it in a bed of ivy. My neighbor on that side has several shrubs only the property line so its really no issue of using the hedge for...

View more questions Search