Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortyfuzz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Estimated settlement statement
    On the estimated settlement statement when it says Paid Outside of Closing (poc) who is actually paying this? The borrower is paying out of pocket, or the lender or borrower, the escrow officer or the loan processor?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
    POC means that the borrower (most of the time) is making the payment either before or after the closing. An example would be a mortgage application fee that the borrower pays at the time they apply for the mortgage. It gets listed on the settlement statement as POC because it was paid before closing but it's still part of the closing costs.
    shortyfuzz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Estimated settlement statement
    I'm sorry but I did not understand you answer to my question so I'll ask again. On the estimated settlement statement and there is Paid Outside of Closing, who is actually paying this amount . Is it The borrower paying out of pocket or the lender or borrower or the escrow officer or the loan processor. Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 11:24 AM
    :) Most of the time it's the borrower paying it out of pocket. If someone else will be paying it then it will say so.

(Next time please do a follow-up to your previous post instead of starting a new thread. It makes it easier to keep track.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Ask your lender, it may be a combination.

{threads merged}

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple-step income statement in good form and retained earnings statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like someone to check to see if I did this correctly, if I did not then please help. Thanks The Problem is: The following pretax amounts pertain to River Corp. for the year ended December 31, 2008. Sales... $400,000 Operating Expenses... 84,000 Extraordinary gain... 30,000...

What is the correct financial statement-statement of cash flows wording? [ 2 Answers ]

Cash (used) in operating activities <10,000> Cash (used) in investing activities 10,000 Thank you for any help you can provide.

Estimated taxes for F-1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an F-1 student, but for 2007, it will be my sixth year here, so I will be filing as a resident for tax purposes next year. I know this is thinking far ahead, but I am concerned about estimated taxes. I am working under OPT as contractor for 2 companies, and will probably earn a total...

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Estimated Tax [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the Estimated Tax. My income did not changed a lot from last year, but now after I completed the filling and printed the forms I noticed that I have four vouchers for estimated tax and one for my owed tax. So I have to pay $1415 the amount I owe (from 1040 line 76) and...

View more questions Search