Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nathan1949 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Maximum zoom in digital cams
    What is the maximum zoom possible in digital cameras?
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2008, 05:07 PM
    That would depend on the camera you buy but macro lenses are pretty incredible sometimes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Generally the most I have seen is 8-10x Optical, except for some professional SLR Digitals.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Apr 1, 2008, 07:52 PM
    You need to specify as to which digital camera. A digital SLR or POINT & SHOOT.
    The maximum zoom in point & shoot is 10x -12x but these come with an optical image stabiliser. But 10x or 12x does not mean anything unless you know where your starting point is i.e.. 10 times what. It usually means 10x times the lowest focal length of the camera (usually 36mm givving you up to 360mm focal length) But the if the lowest focal length is 28mm it will give you max focal lentgh of 280mm at 10x. Less magnification but extra wide angle.
    As for digital SLR the lenses are interchangeable and depending on the focal length you get the zoom, The maximum available is 800mm which is 19x zoom if you consider the normal eye vision is equivalent to 50mm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I undo firmware upgrade for Zoom X4? [ 1 Answers ]

I upgrade my zoom x4 router with the wrong model version. Now it doesn't work, all lights on and the reset button takes no effect. How can I restore the previous firmware? Thanks for help!

Wattage maximum? [ 2 Answers ]

Stupid question: I just installed a bathroom vanity light that has 4 bulb sockets. The packaging all says that it "uses 4 standard base bulbs, 75 watts maximum." Is that 75 watts x 4 bulbs? Or 75 watts for all bulbs in total?

My zoom settings keeps changing in internet explorer 7. [ 3 Answers ]

My zoom settings keeps changing. Would a new wireless Logitch mouse have anything to do with it?

Web cams [ 1 Answers ]

Hey just curious on the accesability of a webcam. Basically what I want to know is when using a webcam is it possible to have it connected directly to the internet without being connected to a physical computer 1st. Just broadcasted directly from the cam to a site. Thank you in advance

View more questions Search