Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justakidat14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 01:54 PM
    can i choose
    hi,

I am 14 and I think my mom has full custody of me and I want to live with my dad because of my stepdad he does not like me , I found weed that belongs to him ,and I also found a naked pic. Of his x wife . So can I choose to live with my grandmoter or dad:(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justakidat14
    hi,

i am 14 and i think my mom has full custody of me and i want to live with my dad because of my stepdad he does not like me , i found weed that belongs to him ,and i also found a naked pic. of his x wife . so can i choose to live with my grandmoter or dad:(

If you are being abused in some fashion or are in danger, yes, you can notify one of the child protective services, possibly be placed in foster care pending a hearing and then see what the Judge orders. Child protective services might also contact your Dad, he could get a temporary Order of Custody (if your Mom agrees). Unfortunately the Courts are somewhat jaded because of 14 year olds - and I'm not saying this is your case - who want to live with the "other" parent because they like the rules there better.

At 14 you do have somewhat of a say in where you live - you could talk to your Dad and he could file for physical custody of you. Your Mom might agree or they might have to have a hearing and then a Judge will decide.

(I hope you weren't snooping through your stepdad's things - weed in the house would also be considered your mother's property. Don't know, of course, where he was keeping the weed or the photo.)

It isn't easy being a stepkid or a stepparent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Choose from only one of those [ 23 Answers ]

OKay, say... There are two girls standing in front of you. Both of them are smart and pretty... U must pick only one: A: more intelligent than the other one

I can't choose! [ 7 Answers ]

Well. I work at a restaurant and there are three guys there who have caught my attention in different ways. The first is Divinci (not really I changed all of their names). Divinci is really fun and outgoing and crazy. We always have a lot of fun during work. He is 25. The next is Carrot (lol)...

Who Do I choose? [ 12 Answers ]

Ok! So there is this guy... That I have been talking to and I think I am falling in love with him and he has done told me that he feels the same and This is the problem. I am engaged to be married and I am having seconds thoughts on whether I really love him or even am ready to get married. and the...

View more questions Search