Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Conmiro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Laptop screen is shaking with lines one the side
    My laptop is a hp compaq. One day while I was trying to download something, the screen started flickering, then all the pixels seem to be moving torward the bottom left, and messing up the blue color. Also there are several moving lines on the left that look like a bar-code. I have no idea what happened, but after a month it fixed it self. Then after 20 days or so, it came back. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Mar 31, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Bump

Mar 31, 2008, 07:15 AM
    O and it still shows like that after I reinstalled windows and got a new router.
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 31, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Now that you know its definitely not software related, it sounds like the screen connector that connects the screen to the motherboard came loose.. if you don't know how to take laptops apart take it to someone who does, it's a 3 minute job

Sometimes rocking the screen back and forward can help for a short while (considering that after you don't close the lid:))

Edit: if its still quite new you might be convered under waranty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaking screen [ 11 Answers ]

?? My screen is shaking slightly. Please help!!

The Screen of my monitor is shaking [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed 1020hp laserjet printer today. Then I found that the screen of the monitor is shaking. I have two operating systems - 1) Windows 98 and 2) Windows XP. The System unit, monitor, speaker, printer, UPS all are on the same table. Is it cause any problem later?

Laptop, blue screen, white lines then restarts [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason, my laptop will get a blue screen with white scrambled, jerky Lines. The lines resemble text, but I can't tell. After this happens it will restart itself. It happens every now and then. Any clues?

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Another shaking screen question [ 2 Answers ]

I have searched several sites including this forum and have read (it seems like) everything that could ever have been written about shaking screens, but to no avail. I have a windows xp that was only shaking while in dos mode until last week. Now it shakes anytime the screen resolution is below...

View more questions Search