Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    besunflowergirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Oversize canopy for a ceiling fan
    I'm installing a 52" Hampton Bay ceiling fan in my bedroom that has a vaulted ceiling with a 45 degree pitch. The canopy that came with the fan does not have enough room for the downrod and ball to angle correctly. Any suggestion? Thanks
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 30, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Use a metal bracket or wooden beam to lower the fan sufficiently.
    Make sure that the entire set-up remains stable (by balancing the fan properly).
    Success!
    ;)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 03:50 PM
    There is a company that makes a wooden wedge for vaulted ceiling fan installations. However it might be easier to pick up a vaulted ceiling kit for steeper ceilings. Home Depot sells a Hunter one for about $15.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay fan removal - can't remove the canopy ring [ 2 Answers ]

I see lots of questions about removing the canopy ring. Most say to turn the ring counterclockwise to remove. When I do that, it only loosens slightly, but won't remove. I've tried twisting, pushing up/down, still it only loosens slightly. Any suggestions?

Someone was asking about a larger replacement canopy for their ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Because the remote receiver wouldn't fit inside their fan's canopy? I told them that most canopies are the same size including the replacements, which is true. However I just spotted this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6038590223 Which is a receiver that mounts OUTSIDE...

Fan Remote won't fit in Canopy [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hampton Bay 52" Mediterranean fan. It was easy to install except when it came to the remote receiver. It simply won't fit in the canopy I can't even get it to fit if none of the wiring is connected. I could live without the remote except there aren't any chains to turn on/off...

Hampton bay ceiling fan canopy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. The problem is I am trying to replace a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and I cannot get the canopy down. There are no exposed screws on the canopy. There is a decorative ring around the top of the canopy that doesn't seem to be attached to the...

View more questions Search