Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ByStarlight Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 10:57 PM
    About contest prize
    Hi, I'm from Washington state. My boyfriend and I are fans of a local sports team and we attend every game. There are several small little "contests" ran during the period of the game. Lucky program wins something, lucky seat whens something etc. Well one of the promotions is one where you sign up for a rewards card at the gas station and then you swipe the card periodically. During the game for every goal that is scored you win a certain amount of money (dependent on the how many goals there are) based upon your rewards card number. Well recently my boyfriend and I were at a game and we heard our number announced and shown over the screen, I went down to claim the prize and because the card was in my boyfriends name I had to get him. She confirmed that it was our card number and that we had won a considerable amount of money. She had a piece of paper with the selected winners from that night previously printed on it and she circled my boyfriends name and card number. She asked for our address and phone number and told us that some guy would be calling us and letting us know "when the checks are ready" I didn't find it odd then because several times during the season there were check presentations on the playing surface to groups of people who had won this partciular contest. That was 2 games prior to the ending of the regular season of play. They are no longer doing this promotion during the playoffs, and so that leaves us wondering if we are getting the shaft. Someone told me that it is illegal to hold a contest, announce a winner, and then not produce the prize. Is that true? Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ByStarlight
    Someone told me that it is illegal to hold a contest, announce a winner, and then not produce the prize. Is that true? Thanks
    Hello Star:

Sure it's illegal.

If you didn't get your money yet, write them a letter. Send it certifed and send a copy to the sports team.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nobel Peace Prize [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. A Nobel Peace Prize - an Academy Award. Plus, I think he could beat Billary. I surly hope so, ifin Ron Paul ain't going to get it. ALL of the Republican Candidates are dufus's and un-electable. Poor righty's. excon PS> Ifin you don't know who I'm talking...

Pulitzer Prize Questions [ 3 Answers ]

Just some questions: What is the minimum age requirement for someone who wants to enter a piece of writing for the prize? What are some personal opinions on a young writer entering? Does the entry need to be a certain length? Does it need to be published? Help if you can.

Prize of sony ericsson w960i [ 2 Answers ]

Prize of sony ericsson w960i

State Fair Prize Pig [ 1 Answers ]

A farmer was tired of always losing at the State Fair, so he decided that he would go after the Blue Ribbon in the pig category in a new way. Months before the arrival of the fair, he put a cork in the pigs rear end to keep him from going to the bathroom. Sure enough, the pig swelled up to enormous...

A prize if you can answer this... [ 4 Answers ]

This is for all you calculus people... a) Solve this both by partial fractions and integration by parts b) Show that the answers are equivalent http://xs22.xs.to/pics/05130/integral.GIF.xs.jpg If you can get this, I'll send you this gift http://www.thewholesaledetective.com/?hop=psprpspr

View more questions Search