Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Ontario drivers' license validity in the USA
    Can anyone tell me if an Ontario G2 licensed driver is allowed to drive in the States or is a full G license needed?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 03:16 PM
    They will have the same restrictions, Also have you taken your G2 road test which you do after a one year period of a G2 license yet.

Graduated Licensing
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Yes, my daughter has taken her G2 road test but still has one more road test to take for her full G license. She is heading down to Virginia this weekend with her boyfriend and he is hoping she'll be able to do some of the driving. He has his full G.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie
    Yes, my daughter has taken her G2 road test but still has one more road test to take for her full G license. She is heading down to Virginia this weekend with her boyfriend and he is hoping she'll be able to do some of the driving. He has his full G.

I wouldn't chance it - what does your insurance agent say?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 09:03 AM
    The US may not recognize her as a full fledged driver even if she has a duly licensed driver with her. I'd let him do the driving and she be the passenger and not drive at all. If she was in an accident or stopped by the police there could be big problems with a learner behind the wheel in a foreign country.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to give them the heads up when I talk to them next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Drivers license! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and I'd like to know if ilegal aliens are allowed to apply for a drivers license? Thank you, Philly

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

When was the first drivers license in Pa. issued, and when did they start charging for them.

Judgements on drivers license [ 20 Answers ]

Can judgements be placed on your drivers license?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search