Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karie43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Both Showers have no hot water
    Hello,

I have read a few posts that seem to be in a similar situation. I wanted to get your expert opinion on whether you think it's a cartridge problem.

I just purchased a condo built in 2005. I'm not sure when the original owners moved out but I assume about two months ago, which means the water could possibly not have been turned on for a few months.

Both upstairs bathroom showers have no hot water. However, both sinks and all the other sinks have hot water. They are both Moen Faucets. I read the post that said to replace the cartridge. I guess my question is, do you think it's possible that the cartridge needs to be replaced after only a few years, and that it could be the same situation in both bathrooms? When I turn the faucets all the way to the left, no water comes out at all. I'm hoping it's something easy to fix, like the cartridge, and not some major work. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to plumping. Any help is appreciated! Thank you
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Good news, Moen is guaranteed for life so if you need parts they are free. Chances ar you don't need parts, just clean out the hot inlet port on the cartridges. You will need to shut off your main incoming line so start looking for that or call the property management company for the association. If this site doesn't answer all of your question just write back here and tell me what you need. Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water temp different in 2 showers [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 showers. There were new faucets put in just before I moved in. The front shower does not get very hot at all but the back shower is too hot. Could this be as simple as the regulators. My house is up on cement pilars and you can walk upright under my house. Someone had suggested that the...

Hot water in all sinks but not in two showers [ 8 Answers ]

I've been searching the website, and found some useful information about changing the cartridges and such. However, I am confused about why I would have hot water everywhere except in two of the three showers. The guest bathroom has hot water in the shower, it is also closest to the heater,...

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

No Hot Water in Showers [ 1 Answers ]

Our home has plenty of pressure and hot water in the kitchen and bathroom sinks (so hot the water is scalding, and the pressure is so high it splashes when it hits the sink)... the problem is both showers just have a drizzle of warm water. The cold water works fine. We had no hot water in the...

View more questions Search