Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckyoudevil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Custody of Nephew
    I am 25, my boyfriend is 29, we live together in a large 3 bedroom house in the country. He works for a farmer and mowes cemetery. I work for a lumber yard designing kitchen, I have been there for 1 year, also work for the park district and a café during lunch hour. I have a great car, health insurance, savings but not much. My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and plan on some day getting married but not in a hurry ( I have a feeling this will hurt us)

My brother is 31, lives in a trailer my friend owns, works for my mother at the café in town and makes less than 125.00 a week (His rent is 100/month, and has to pay for gas, water, electric and grocery,). He has a very long record includeing resisting arrest, drug phar. Possion on many occasions. Driving with out license or insurance among other things and does not have a car or a driving license. My nephews mother has two children both with different fathers. She currently does not have a home and sleeps at her mother, ex boyfriends, friends, anywhere that will let her in. In the last 5 years she has moved the children over 10 times. She just started another new job. She has full custody and lives/works about one hour away. At one point she was living back with my brother and enrolled my nephew in pre school here. Now she is back there so my nephew spends Sunday - Thursday be passed between me, my brother and my parents. And on Friday - Saturday with his mother. My boy frind and I would love to have Braidon in our home 24/7. His parents are not as bad as some of the others on this web site but they are still unable to meet the needs that I think he deserves and requires. I know they will not let us take custody with out a fight. But what would my chances be?? Also my dad and brother were talking one day and told him that when Braidon grows up he (Braindon dad) is going to let him smoke pot if he wants to. Who tells there children it is OK to smoke pot?? It just blows my mind. My nephew at this age needs a stable home environment that he is not getting from any of us right now. WHat can we do? How do we do it?

Any help??
    mariposa11 Posts: 48, Reputation: 4

Mar 27, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Honestly? Just accept that you will have to hire an attorney. Pay the fee (usually less than normal) for a consultancy and find out what your options are and how realistic it is for you to have a fighting chance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of my little nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew's girlfriend gave birth on Friday and dyfs took the baby because they found weed in the baby's blood and now I want to help by getting custody. How can I go about that.

Custody of my nephew [ 5 Answers ]

My nephew and my sister in-law live with my husband and I and she is very neglectful with a record. His father also neglects him also with a record. Both currently are abusing drugs and alcohol. How do I file for custody and not have him put in foster care until the dust settles? Both parents...

Custody of ny niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My younger sister asked me to help her out for a week or two by taking her son(2yrs) and her daughter(7mo.), its has been a little over a month but it seems as if my sister does not want to take responsibility of her children, which is not a problem for me because I would love to have them with me,...

Getting custody of my niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My niece and nephew are currently living with my brother. Their mother left them with him over 4 years ago with not so much as a phone call since. My brother has since gone to court and had her rights terminated. She did nothing to contest this. My brother's physical and mental health is failing...

Custody of my nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to have guardianship of my nephew who is being negleted. How do I go about it legally? What are some of my obstacles? Please give me some help.

View more questions Search