Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kr_therock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Deduction for interest paid for loan secured in a foreigh country
    I work full-time in the US on a work visa. I bought a house in a different country (India) and took the loan in a bank in India. I do not have any income from that house (my parents live there). Is there a way I can claim a deduction for the interest paid for the loan?
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 07:46 PM
    See the post at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/taxes/...tml#post871125

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student Loan Interest Deduction [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 student loans, but interest paid on both are under $600 for the year 2005, so I didn't get any 1098E forms. Do I need any evidence to show the interest I'm claiming for adjustment? Such as pay slips which shows the amount of interest paid? Thanks

Is there tax deduction for home loan in other country for property in that country? [ 6 Answers ]

If a person is carrying a home loan in some other country (outside US) for some property in that country is there any tax relief/deduction from IRS for such person ?

Tax deduction for interest on foreign loan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a Swedish citizen living in Sweden and I am in the process of buying an apartment in NYC. I will be subletting the apartment for most of the year and my questions are: 1) How much is the tax on the income from the subletting? 2) If I finance the purchase with a loan from my bank in...

Deduction on Education loan paid in India [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on H1B in USA. I have paid around $3000 in 2007 in my education loan in India. Can I get any deduction on that? They loan was taken in india in a indian bank Thanks Sumesh

Student loan interest deduction in 1040NR [ 3 Answers ]

I was on F-1 from August 2004 to September 30th 2006. I was on H1B form October 1 2006 to December 31st 2006. While filing 1040NR, can I claim student loan interest deduction? CINTAX says I cannot since I was not a student on 31st December 2006. Please advice... I would like to mail in...

View more questions Search