Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rdyson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Chooseing between two lives
    Hello,

So here goes. I was in a 5 year relationship with a wonderful person. He loved me and I loved him. We danced together, salsa. We even had a dog. Life was good, I was happy, there was no other person who would have turned my head. But something changed. I have always been interested in ballroom dance. At one point I was going to be an instructor but fate intervened and I got a masters instead. I though to myself that with a masters I would be able to then dance ballroom as I would be able to afford it or at least be able to take a lesson or two. I have always dreamed of dancing, been obsessed if you will. I would even feel sad when I saw dancing on TV and I wasn't the one dancing. From time to time I would scrape up enough to take a lesson or two and then use the gym at school to practice on my own. Up and down the basketball court I would go practicing rumba walks. I even set up a page on a dance partner search website. Well, eventually I found one. At first it was great. I had a great relationship with my x and I also was fulfilling my dream of dance and I had a job in the field I had been trained in. For a brief period I was as happy as they come.

Then things changed, my head was turned. This sent me into an up roar emotionally. I tried to talk myself out of it. I spent countless hours on the phone with a dear friend. I found reasons to not be attracted to him. This went on for months. I described the crush I had on my dance partner as a cancer that was eating away at me and my relationship. My realtionhsip was still strong and steady alothough we had never been hot and heavy even when I first met him. It was always a slowly, steady, loving fire. There was comfort and love. I never told. I thought about my options. After months of increaseing emotional tailspinning I decided to move out to give myself space and to not cheat emotionally anymore.

At first this was great. I had some space and I explored my emotions. We fit wonderfully. We both work hard at dance, fall into each other's arms, etc... He is really a great person too. Anyway, as time pasted and after I let my ex know about my dance partner and I, I went crazy. I miss my ex. I think about him everyday. I also and in love with my dance partner. I am in love with both of them! I love my ex more because he is well, him. There is another problem. I love dance and my dance partner represents that life in dance too. What do I do. I had a competition today and we did wonderful. As soon as I step off the floor I think, "am I trading in a perfectly beautiful relationship for dance and my dance partner who is great too. My dance partner has different qualities and not all of those of my ex. I am not even sure my ex wants me back. Who would really.

I have also quite dancing and my dance partner 3 times now. I have always come back and now my dance partner will not take no for an answer because he knows I will come back. I have sort of been juggling the both of them because I still see my ex and then I see my dance partner. I had kept them separate as far as intimacy goes until recently. I don't know what to do. Do I choose a life of dance and my dance partner or do I go back to my steady, strong, good looking, sincere ex and dance socially. I am crazy help. I have been going through this emotional hell for about a year now.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 10:34 PM
    You love two men. That's no great accomplishment, love comes naturally. You don't have to do much but be near someone for love to spark. Don't kick yourself for loving more than one person, it's very common.

You love two life goals. That's not surprising either. Everyone could probably list their top 2-3 career loves and the one they ended up with, which might not even be one of their original 2-3 choices.

So what do you do now?
    Being an adult means making choices between things you like/love and then not belly-aching about what that ultimately requires of you. That's what you do. Picture yourself 5 years from now looking back. Where do you need to be standing career-wise to be happy looking back over the next 5 years?

Also, it appears the choice you make isn't about the guys, it's about the dance or job and the choice you make means you will settle with the guy in that area? Is that accurate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need my son's father out of our lives. [ 3 Answers ]

I need information on how to terminate the rights of my son's father. Since my son was born he has been in and out of prison at least five times. He has a bad temper and violent tendencies. I need to make sure that my son and I are both safe and happy. How do I go about getting started on getting...

I just want him out of our lives! [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my kids dad for 6yrs then we split. He cheated and I started dating a women. He went crazy for a while. Then I decided to move to A.z because the cost of living is more affordable then Cali. And I was tried of livving with people my boys needed a place of their own now we have our own...

Claiming a grandchild that lives with you or does father that lives elsewhere? [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 year old daughter lives with me full time, is full time high school student, has had a baby 12/5/07 and the baby also lives with me. I do claim my daughter as a dependent. The baby is covered by his fathers insurance. Who claims the baby as a dependent on their taxes, the father or myself?

Looking for someone who lives in Greece [ 3 Answers ]

If there is anyone one on this board that lives in Greece that can help me I would appreciate it. The person I am looking for is male from Kalamata. Last I heard is that he moved to an Island in Greece. He was part of O.Y.K (Hellenic Navy) in the early 90"s His name is George Drolias Send...

So this is how the other half lives? [ 1 Answers ]

Well thanks to Tom's link I've discovered this site and it appears more mature, interesting, and alive. After I figure out how to navigate the boards I'll try and contribute my moderate views when possible. I'm juggling a busy schedule between work and the wife's pregnancy. I just want to give a...

View more questions Search