Ask
    Clifford Gimenez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 07:45 AM
    ITIN for my wife to file taxes
    Does my wife need a ITIN to file taxes with me? I have a H1B visa
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Yes, you can file resident tax return if you meet SPT. You will attach W7 of you wife with your tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Me on H1B,Wife on H4 visa.How to file ITIN for her. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Really appreciate your effort for answering this question. I have come to USA on 20 June,2007 in H1B visa. My wife is in H4 dependent visa. I have to file my tax returns. 1)Can I file jointly under "Married Filing jointly" option ? 2) If yes, does my wife need to have ITIN ? 3)...

F-1 Visa - working - ITIN - Should file taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine from South Korea just started working full-time in the U.S. The employer told him that he will get a 1099 at the end of the year. He is on F-1 visa - without a social security number. He is not authorized to work in the U.S. My understanding is that you cannot issue a 1099 to...

No ITIN for H4 spouse, how to file state taxes? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have been working in California for entire 2006. During October 2006 I changed my status from F1 (OPT) to H1B. I got married in December outside US and returned to US along with my wife (H4 visa) in 3rd week of December. 1. As per information on IRS web site and other sources...

How do I file for taxes, my wife is on H4. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, here is the scenario: -I am on H1, and I have to file for my tax returns. -I got married last year, and my wife is in US since dec of last year. -I want to file her as an dependent while applying for tax returns, so that I can -get more returns then the normal returns. My question is,...

3 states taxes + ITIN for wife [ 3 Answers ]

Hello experts, I've been on H1 for the whole of 2005. I got married in Aug 2005 and my wife joined me in Nov on H4. I have three W-2 forms for three different states for 2005. Now, this is the first time I am going to do my taxes on my own. So - 1) Do I file as "Married filing jointly" or...

View more questions Search