Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daejah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 11:04 PM
    In a bind
    I rent month to month without a written agreement,execpt that I would be paying $800 a month.but now they want me to pay for eletric,water,garbage,sewer,and for them to cut the same grass that they've been cutting for the last two months for free.what do I do:confused:

>Moved from Forum Help<
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Tell them that the terms they want are not acceptable to you and that at the end of 30 days, (or 60, depending on what state you live in or local laws, you can easily Google search them) you will move out if they will not rediscuss the terms with you, and get a written lease of they do so.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2008, 05:19 AM
    Agree to their terms, move or try to negotiate a better deal. There is nothing illegal to having the tenant pay utilities, especially if you are renting a house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Yes, you have no choice but to do as Scott said, accept it, move or see if you can work out a better terms with them
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Unfortunately the landlord is calling the shots now since you don't have a written lease to fall back on. Possibly the landlord didn't realize just how much money the eletric, water, garbage, and sewer would run them monthly. Plus cutting the grass. If they provide the mower, why not mow it yourself? Maybe they didn't rent the house out before and had no idea just what the monthly costs for the utilities would be and now they're panicing about the costs. Try and negotiate something with them as a last resort or prepare to move. If you do agree to pay for the utilities, insist that you get a copy of the current bills that are to be paid - don't just take their word about how much the electric bill is, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In kind of a bind, what should I do? [ 9 Answers ]

First off, I really don't consider myself a true Christian. I believe in God, but I'm not what you would call a Born Again Christian. I've never really given any thought about it, until I met this girl not long ago. We actually met online, but she only lives about 3 hours from me. We seemed to...

Can a former director bind a company? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a former director bind a company? In short a person purporting to be a director of a company signed a deed of surety ship binding a company. This was done say in June - it was later discovered that he had resigned as a director in the April prior to signing the deed of surety. Can the company...

Wow am I in a bind! [ 6 Answers ]

YEah I am in a lot of trouble folks, and I have NO IDEA what to do. 1st off I am moving to Portland, so in short my GF and I of 4 year broke up. She didn't want to come with me, and she wouldn't move. So here's the issue. The last 2 years 2004 and 2005 she has done my taxes. I gave her the...

In a Bind. [ 14 Answers ]

I think I have put myself in the worst situation I have ever come across... I have a newly discovered best friend, we have always been good friends but out friendship moved to a new level, we discovered we have more in common than two people could even hope to share, we also discovered that a...

View more questions Search