Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louisiannaxox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Dyeing from Black-Blue hair too Blonde.
    hello:).
    basically i used too have brown hair, but then i dyed it a Black-Blue colour (very dark), but i would like too go Bleech Blonde.
    Will it work ?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:56 PM
    You could have the hair stripped and bleached, but with all the dying you said you have been doing, a lot of harsh chemical processes may leave your hair dry and brittle..
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 12:23 AM
    These are just some suggestions but Charlotte234s is giving you great advice to use caution regarding the condition of your hair.

Many things to consider! Is your hair dry from processing it or is it healthy with lots of shine and elasticity? Is it short or long?

First thing: Seek advice of a professional

These are some suggestions but I am not a hairdresser by profession.

There will be experts that will come on and give you answers also but if your hair is healthy and strong, I would purchase a product at a Beauty Supply called Wella Wellite Cream Bleach. (There are color removers but this has an oil in it that buffers nicely). Two applications come in one box. Use an applicator bottle, mix as per directions, work through hair, use processing cap (the little see through baggies with elastic around the edge so to speak), and be sure every hair is covered. Let it process for 15 minutes, take the cap off, look through hair, take a paper towel and wipe off just a small area to see if color is coming off nicely then reapply bleach and put the cap back on for another 10 minutes. If after this amount of time, it appears the color is removed, then shampoo and rinse. If not, leave an additional 5 to 10 minutes then shampoo and rinse.

The hair will have a brassy look to it and will require a tint or toner. After it is shampooed, rinsed, and dried, you are ready to apply a tint or toner. If you use Miss Clairol, (My choice just because of my chemical make-up in my body, it works well for me but many other brands out there.) I would choose a blonde color with a violet base (green base will cancel out red but if your hair is really porous, it might tend to grab the green base on the ends of your hair so that is something to consider). You mix Miss Clairol color with equal parts 20 volume developer in a clean applicator bottle. I like to use a cream developer when applying tint and a clear when applying bleach.

Apply color: If ends seem dry and porous, apply to root area first, process for 15 minutes then apply all over to all strands of hair and leave an additional 10 minutes, shampoo and rinse. (Pull hair apart as you check it to make sure all is covered before finishing processing.) After shampooing and rinsing, I would use a good conditioner and also a product such as Therma Fuse Bio-Protein to stop all chemical action that might still be left in the hair after shampooing.

Best to you!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
    In order to go from black to blonde, minus the red/orange shade, you will need to have your hair bleached to a yellow stage and then apply a blonde toner to neutralize the yellow tones to give you a natural looking hair color. Hair bleaching and toning is a very tricky process. This process will damage your hair or cause hair loss if it's not done correctly. If you have your heart set on being blonde, please visit a salon and have your hair professionally done.
    grandmaoffour Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 08:14 PM
    I have dyed my hair dark dark brown all over. I then dyed the front of my hair blonde of course it turned a orange-red now what do I do to get rid of this colour. I would like it to be a lit blonde. My hair has the history of pulling the red tones. I used nice and easy by clarol
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaoffour
    i have dyed my hair dark dark brown all over. I then dyed the front of my hair blonde of course it turned a orange-red now what do i do to get rid of this colour. I would like it to be a lit blonde. My hair has the history of pulling the red tones. I used nice and easy by clarol
    Your hair is pulling red because you have red undertones in your hair. To go from dark to light blonde, you will need to bleach your hair to remove all the dark underlying pigments, then apply a toner to cancel out the brassiness, bringing the color closer to a blonde shade. Please let a professional do it for you.
    ahartz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2011, 10:55 AM
    I went from Dyed black hair to blonde doing this, First I used Super blonde #200 which brought my hair to a orange and my roots almost white... waited one day (thank god I didn't have to go anywhere)Then Applied Feria #82 medium ash blonde which is a COOLER shade which minimizes red/orange tones Both products cost me about 10.00 each and together they work great! If you want to go even blonder then that I suggest you wait a week and Pull your hair through a cap... But all honestly Doing these two steps MY hair is REALLY blonde :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

BLonde-to-Black Hair [ 6 Answers ]

Okay you guys, we have a problem. Back about, oh, about 7 months ago I died my naturally blonde hair to pitchblack. So if anyone ahs any tips on how to get it out id be glad to hear them!!

Hair Disaster: blonde to blonde with violet red to black [ 13 Answers ]

Please help. I'm in tears, and have found no posts specific to my situation. I need a beauty professional. I have had a run of professional hair color disasters. I've done nothing myself. I'll lay it out. I am naturally a medium brown/auburn. I have been a wheat blonde with platinum...

Blonde hair to black? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I would like to dye my hair black, just to try a change of things, but I am a natural dirty blonde. Would I be able to get my hair back to its natural shade eventually? I've been told that it would never go back by some, and the opposite by others. Any help? Thanks a bunch!

Blue/Black Hair [ 2 Answers ]

Under the advise of my friends, I dyed my hair blue/black using Live Colour. I've always dyed my hair dark brown so thought it's make a nice change but it just makes me look pale and goth like! How can I make it fade as fast as possible? The hairdresser suggested using Head & Shoulders or washing...

View more questions Search