Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anonymous333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 10:18 AM
    I'm really confused!
    So, me and my ex boyfriend broke up 6 months ago after going out for 1 year, it was kind of both of our faults. I was depressed for like 2 months after the break up... I have a boyfriend now, and I don't have similar feelings to him, not even close. I was in love with my ex boyfriend and he was in love with me. I met up with him the other day... after not seeing him for 4 months... and my feeling came back again... he's tellling me that he can't stop thinking about me... and he's never loved anyone so much.. I feel the same way... but now the question is what should I do with my boyfriend?? I don't want to break his heart, because I know the feeling, and he told me he's been hurt by a girl before, and I told him that I would never hurt him... because I was thinkingt of never talking to my ex boyfriend again, I thought that would make me forget him.. it worked for a couple of months, until he called me with his number blocked and I picked up.. and now he's telling me that we should just be friends... but I don't know if I can handle being friends with my ex boyfriend that Im still in love with... HELP ME please!! :confused:
    CaribMan Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Mar 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
    You can never be just friends with someone you have feelings for. I suggest telling him how you feel about him, when ever you heart is fully healed only then can you be friends with an ex.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 21, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous333
    So, me and my ex boyfriend broke up 6 months ago after going out for 1 year, it was kind of both of our faults. I was depressed for like 2 months after the break up.... I have a boyfriend now, and I dont have similar feelings to him, not even close. I was in love with my ex boyfriend and he was in love with me. I met up with him the other day... after not seeing him for 4 months... and my feeling came back again... he's tellling me that he can't stop thinking about me... and hes never loved anyone so much.. I feel the same way... but now the question is what should i do with my boyfriend??? I dont want to break his heart, because I know the feeling, and he told me he's been hurt by a girl before, and I told him that I would never hurt him.... because I was thinkingt of never talking to my ex boyfriend again, I thought that would make me forget him.. it worked for a couple of months, until he called me with his number blocked and I picked up.. and now hes telling me that we should just be friends... but I dont know if I can handle being friends with my ex boyfriend that Im still in love with.... HELP ME please!!!:confused:

I agree with carib, there is no way your friendship with your ex will survive if you are not fully over him, I mean especially if you feel you are still in love with him, you can be exposing yourself to getting hurt again. Let me tell you from experience when you know you can maintain friendship with an ex is when you can be in the same room as that person and not be affected by their presence. The boyfriend you have now won't stand a chance at ever making you happy if you are still saving all your love for your ex. If you feel you can't put your heart into the new relationship take yourself out of it, your confusion will only eventually end up hurting the new boyfriend. You need to be completely over the ex in order for you to move on and have a healthy relationship in the future, otherwise you would just be comparing every relationship with what you and your ex had, and your relationships in the future will never stand a chance. There will always be that "one" special person who made us feel that "special" way, and we want to thank those people from coming to our lives, but know that sometimes it means they must leave as well.. He may have been your first "true" love, but he will not be your last romance. You need to be over him completely.

Mar 21, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    If you feel you can't put your heart into the new relationship take yourself out of it,
    That's so tru
    Every time I see my ex I just have an image of her coming up to me and picking at my heart. I still miss my ex but it doesn't stop me from living my life. I enjoy having memories of the really good times we had together. Sometimes I want to thank her for that, thank her for loving me, thank her for letting me love her, I mean I was truly happy during our time together, we were best friends, could tell each other anything bad or good and it would never change how I felt about her. I experienced a real loss when you love some one more than you love yourself, I'm glad I dared to love someone that much and I can't wait to do it again.
    I tell myself everyday that its over, what's dun is dun, just leave it alone and don't regret it.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 21, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribMan
    im glad i dared to love someone that much and i can't wait to do it again.

Wow this is a powerful statement,. really powerful statement.. You know if we never go through breakups how in the world would we ever know what we want, only until we have a failed relationship where we can sit down and say well you know what I just won't accept that, and for the next relationship I know that I won't make that same mistake..

Mar 21, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    Wow this is a powerful statement,... really powerful statement.. You know if we never go through breakups how in the world would we ever know what we want, only until we have a failed relationship where we can sit down and say well you know what I just won't accept that, and for the next relationship I know that I won't make that same mistake..

I know it is! But I'm not saying to put you heart in every person you meet. I think it's a wonderful feeling loving someone that way. Its not for every one. I'm just saying you got to play you cards right, if the girl doesn't feel the same way about it that I'm not going to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really am confused [ 7 Answers ]

OK I have 2 kids with this guy and he got locked up and he has 3 years to do and I really can't seem to get him out of my heart because we were together for 5 years and now I am engaged to be married and I don't want to be with this guy that I am with right now do you think I should call this...

Really confused [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for almost 8 years and married for about 3 of those years got with him when I was 16 and he was 21 I do love him but I am tired of him he has been verbally abusive and sometimes physically abusive to me but mostly verbally abusive and it hurts me so much but I always...

I'm confused [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is adriana and I'm 17 years old. My last menstrual cycle was on march 25 and its now April 29 and I have no period. I am sexually active and I didn't use any form of birth control. I tested 3 times and they all came back negative. I think it was because I tested to early. I had a...

So Confused [ 8 Answers ]

I had an affair with a co-worker for 3 months before the guilt became too much and I had to tell my spouse. We broke up tried to work things out the I left again and went back to my co worker and then finally left both of them. I just found out I am pregnant with my co-workers baby. The thing is I...

I'm confused? [ 4 Answers ]

Okaie, I've been with my boyfriend for a month. We've had sex a couple of times, and wore condoms each time. But I'm not sure if it broke or not, and I missed my period. And I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not. Im worried for two reasons. 1. Because he already has a kid. 2. Because I'm wayy...

View more questions Search