Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2004gto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Why did he break off the engagement?
    I have known my ex-fiance for 3 years. We started as friends and then developed into a relationship. We have had a rocky road, but stayed together. He was deployed in Aug. 2006 and came back home in November 2007. We broke up in Aug of 2007 because we argued each time we talked, he accused me of things I did not do, and he did not support job interests I had. So, I left him. I started hanging out with one of my guy friends which turned into a relationship. In November, he said he was a changed person and professed his ever dying love to me. I broke it off with the other guy because I realized I did not want to be with him. I believed my fiancé, we got engaged and set a wedding date for June 2008. He lives in North Carolina and I live in Ohio. About two weekends ago, he started avoiding my phone calls where he normally calls all the time. Then, he started doing things with his friends that he normally does not do. He started complaining about not going out at all and said maybe we are not right for each other. He said he was confused and needed time alone. I felt like something else was going on, so I asked one of his friends. My fiancé lied about going out with the guys one night and his friend told me he has been seeing someone else. Should I be concerned? Should I give hime time or run away and never look back? Please help me. I'm so heartbroken and depressed.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Picture a yoyo. Picture your face on the yoyo and the string in his hand.

Now picture him doing what yoyos do... that's your relationship.

Now picture yourself NOT being a yoyo. Picture you taking your picture off the yoyo. Picture yourself not someone's toy to push and pull at will.

Got the picture?

When the game being played on the field hurts you, you find another field and another game to play in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is an Engagement Model? [ 3 Answers ]

Could somebody explain or share with me an example of an engagement model? Thanks.

Engagement at 16. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I'm going to be 16 in December. My boyfriend and I have talked about marriage and want to get married as soon as we get out of high school. Would it be a bad idea (if it's legal) to get engaged until then? And If so would it be a bad idea (if our parents let us) if we got married while still in...

Engagement while still married [ 7 Answers ]

Please can you help me? I am in a serious relationship, but I am still married, we have been separated for nearly a year and are looking into divorce. Is it illegal to get engaged, whilst still married to someone else? I know it is illegal to marry

Broken engagement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I think I just need someone else's perspective here... I've been dating a guy for almost 4 years now. In that time I would say he's probably broken up with me at least 10 times. Each time he in incredibly hurtful and mean. But then he calls in a day or two and acts like the sweetest person...

What will my parents think of engagement? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 and have a son who is 4 mnths old. I have been with his father for almost 2 years and we want to get engaged. How can I tell my parents this?

View more questions Search