Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IMJayJay55 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Feb 3, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Foreclosure - Please Help
    Today (2/3/06) I was visited by the Sheriff's Department who presented me with foreclosure papers in the form of a Summons with a Complaint on Note and to Forclose Mortgage on Real Estate.

Here's some facts about this.
    1. The mortgage is under my name and my ex-spouses name. We were divorced in April 2004. She signed a quit claim deed.

2. I lost my job in April 2005 and my income is $200 per week for a part-time job. I'm actively looking for work.

3. My last mortgage payment was made in August 2005. First mortgage is approximately $800 per month and the second mortgage is $220. House is worth approximately $127K and mortgages total $113K. Housing market is glutted in Indy and home won't sale.

4. I'm drowning in debt and need to file bankruptcy but can't even afford an attorney.

Questions:

1. How can I find free legal help.
    2. How can I postpone the Foreclosure? File a Praecipe? How?

Any advice or links, addresses, phone numbers, or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2006, 03:57 PM
    You can file bankruptcy yourself, there are "kits" sold online and some office supply houses even sell fill in the blank forms.

I don't advice it. You may look into a chapter 13 bankruptcy, it may hold everybody off for a short time, and normally the attorney lets his fee be included in that filing.

But honestly, they are going to get the house, you may wish to find someone to move in with, sell furiture to hire an attorney, something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

One of our properties is in process of foreclosure. The bank locked up the property. Do we still have obligation of paying property tax? The worst of all, we have a second mortgage. How sholud we deal with these entities? Thank you

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Foreclosure [ 7 Answers ]

At the age of 18 my parents told me to sign for a trailer for my sister. I understood that she was first, then my step dad and then Me. So I was the co-cosigner. At that age I didn't know what I was doing. Now, 10 years later I found out that I am to co signer, and the bank is after me for the...

Foreclosure [ 5 Answers ]

Almost two years ago our bank foreclosed on our farm. It all started when my parents signed for a loan, believing it was five years. At the signing, my mother noticed it stated one year instead of five. She asked the loan officer, who they have known for years, why that was on there. She said that...

View more questions Search