Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JEANNIEINMA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Falling for my good friend!
    This question has been on my mind for the past few weeks because something started to change. I have been friends with Anthony for 15 years we actually met through my ex , they were good friends but he and I always had a good friendship, through the years I was friendly with all of his girlfriends in fact one of his ex's is still my best friend, I don't know how but we became very close friendship wise, 6 years ago he married but was miserable right away, they lived together for a few months and then he moved out, we always talked about this and how I was very unhappy with my ex( his friend) he knew he was a jerk and treated me horrible. He always offered a male point of view and I knew he was right most of the time. A couple of years ago he and his wife got together for a couple of weeks and she was pregnant, together they have a son, they have never lived together as a family but they still talk and see each other. Anthony was staying at his sisters house and a while back while I was breaking up with my ex after 14 years he came to my house and honestly he was my savior, he did everything to help me hold it together and finally end my bad , abusive , horrible relationship. He was honestly my very best friend through all this. Here is the weird thing , my kids love him and have grown up with him around and as my friend, when he sleeps over he sleeps in my bed, but no sex just friends. He himself is going through a breakup. Anthony is 9 years younger then myself and honestly for years I never in my life had feelings for him, but recently I have been, I have always cared about him as a friend , I am close to his mother and his dad who passed away a few years back was my neighboor and visited me everyday. He is in the process of building a house and we do a lot of shopping and picking things out together, he eats dinner with us every night, I guess from the outside we are living like a married couple, Its strange... No sex though but I feel the weirdness when we pass each other in the hall or just in different situations. My question is I feel like things are going to cross the line of friendship soon but I do Not want to loose him as a friend and if we were to actually have sex would we be able to be friends if things didn't work out?? /:eek:
    Kristen024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 11:53 AM
    It's kind of hard to say being every situation is different. There are people who end up getting married to their best friends because everything works out great between them. It's a huge risk and beings you have been knowing him for a great length of time it's definitely hard. I know this because my best friend whom I have known for 17 years admitted that he had romantic feelings for me. And the thought of me losing my best friend if things didn't work out wasn't worth it for me. I think for me it would be strange if things didn't work out because I wouldn't know how to act around him. Maybe it sounds odd but if I was to consider it I would want to sit down and talk to him about it before hand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Falling for my best friend.I don't know what to do. [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! I'm here cause I think I am falling for my best friend :S... Our friendship is really good... I can't even describe how great it is. The point is, I really LOVE my best friend just as a friend I mean, but recently I've been feeling really weird about her, I have a really hard time when it...

I think I'm falling for my best friend? [ 3 Answers ]

*sigh* I don't even know what to do anymore!! My best friend fell for ME!! And when he told me it was kind of jokingly... and I'd laugh and just say "ha we will never happen." NOW... within the past week... I think I'M falling for him too... he still likes me because he tells me how he'd be...

Falling for a friend (girl). Again. [ 4 Answers ]

Here is the story... I have this friend that I've known since High-school. I always had a crush on her and she knew that back then, but she didn't want to really date me... she just wanted to stay friends. However, every time we started drifting apart a little, she should like do something so I...

Falling for an old friend who's married [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a 27 year old female in near desperation for finding Mr. Right. Just recently, I tried to surf the name of an old friend in grade school. He used to be a die hard admirer of mine and back then, I never had any feelings for him. Whatever's gotten into me recently, I don't know... but I...

Falling for your best friend [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, What should you do when you think you are falling for your best friend? I have known this friend 2 years ago when we first started uni. We click very well, and used to chat on the phone for hours long. Rumours started going on about us. BUT there was nothing going on between both of us. Just...

View more questions Search