Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanzone Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Interest deductable ?
    If you were to Borrowed against the 401k can the interest on the loan be deductable ?
    Thanks again for all your help;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Unfortunately that law was changed many years ago. On the other hand the interest you pay goes fully back into your account so you are, in effect, paying yourself.

Mar 19, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Am new to this forum, don't know how to post a response,
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

Mar 19, 2008, 08:07 AM
    I guess I did it right...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Yep you did.

Investing in the annuity using a 401K loan would be a better way then taking the money out of the 401K.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a financial manager choose between stated interest and an effective interest [ 2 Answers ]

When a borrower is often confronted as a stated interest and an effective interest rate what is the difference and which one should the financial manager recognize as the true cost of borrowing? The effective interest rate is always calculated as if compounded annually. The effective rate is...

Is my son eligible for tax deductable ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a working visa L1 and my wife and my 3 years old son both have L2. My wife and I come CA on beging of 2007 and my son arrive here on Sep , 2007 . When I try to claim tax yesterday , the Turbo tax software ask about my son's SSN . My son don' have it so I come to Socail office...

Are registration fees for charity races tax deductable [ 5 Answers ]

I ran in several races that were organized for charity events everything from battered children to scholarships funding to breast cancer. Are the registration fees for these races deductable? "If you did not receive any kind of benefit in return for the payment of these registration fees, then...

Are college application fees deductable? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is a high school senior, he applied to several colleges last fall of '06 at a cost of $600. Are those fees deductable from federal or California taxes? Thanks, Hackmaster4

Unpaid internship in Italy deductable? [ 1 Answers ]

Someone I know did his sabbatical in Germany and was able to get a per diem food allowance or deduction on his taxes. I think that he was able to get other deductions, as well, perhaps the airplane tickets, etc. My husband did his unpaid internship in Italy this past summer to complete his...

View more questions Search