Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyhazelnut Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 07:16 PM
    What's the most quick way to evict a tenant whose in jail?
    Here's the situation. Tenant that is on the lease goes to jail late January. Friend had been staying there since November paying a little rent but not on the lease. This friend doesn't pay the rent for February. Friend goes to real estate company and informs them of such. The real estate company decides to let her apply to be on the lease with his permission. The note was forged.
    Anyhow, this friend calls my boyfriend and I asking us if we wanted to go in on it due to the steep and this place is just perfect for what we were looking for and we need to move out soon. It turns out the friend told the real estate company we agreed to pay all the back charges plus current charges totalling $3600. This was untrue of course, as we had just paid our own rent for those two months where we dwelled.
    This friend will not pay and will not give the keys up to the real estate company.

WHAT IS THE Most quick WAY TO EVICT BOTH OF THESE PEOPLE SO THAT WE CAN TAKE OVER ON THE LEASE AND PREVENTING FURTHER MONEY LOSS ON THE REAL ESTATES COMPANY'S END?

We are willing to take the house as is!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
    There's nothing you can do, you aren't the landlord or the management company. If you didn't sign anything saying you would take over this $3600 lease you can wait it out and see if the guys get evicted for non-payment, or you can contact the management company yourself and explain your interest should the place open up. But really, that's about it - you have no authority over who lives there since you are not an owner or agent.

You could also give up on this place and see what else the management company has available to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
    There is as noted nothing you can do to evict these people. The owner or the management company has to evict them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a tenant without a lease [ 2 Answers ]

In Illinois, how do I legally evict my tenant that does not have a lease for non payment of rent?

How do I evict a tenant who is on a mth-to-mth contract with another tenant! [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 people who are on the mth-to-mth contract, 1 tenant I would Like to keep but the other I would like to evict pays his portion late and this month he has not paid his portion. Contract does not state anything about each one having to pay there own portion but does state that they are...

Can a tenant evict an occupant? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I as a tenant, (only my name is on the lease) evict someone living in my house who is only listed as an occupant?

Tenant on lease wants 'evict' his roommate . [ 2 Answers ]

We have a tenant that has a roommate (his brother) that is supposed to pay rent too. I understand the tenant is responsible for paying the rent since he is the one on the lease however he wants his bro to move out because he is not paying his share. We want the person on the lease to stay but...

View more questions Search