Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klt1666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 12:55 PM
    DNA Testing
    Hi I'm 42 yrs old, I want to know how I'd go about getting court ordered DNA testing done to force my supposed to be father to do the test so he won't botch the test and the truth can come out? He says he's not my dad, my mother says he is. He is married to my mothers sister and was when he supposable got my mom pregnant with me.

klt1666 Alberta, Canada
    mrah Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2008, 01:29 PM
    If you were a child this would be much easier.
    You can try going to the court house and having a judge issue a court order for your 'dad' to have this done. However since you are far into your majority this may not work.
    You could also try finding a place independently and getting the test done there. If he believes himself not to be your father, than he should have no problem getting the test done.

Best of luck
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 01:59 PM
    To what purpose do you want this test? Do you want to destroy his current marriage. Is you aunt aware of your mother's statement of your paternity?

I can understand your need to know, but is it worth destroying family relationships?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DNA testing [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard from attorneys (in my state) that even if a father has signed the birth certificate if he is not married to the mother he is not legally presumed the father until he files for paternity in a court of law. Hence, he has no custodial or visitation rights. If he wants rights, DNA testing...

Dna testing [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a dna test you can get done while you are pregnant

Dna testing [ 2 Answers ]

If I just found out that I might have a child, can I get a court ordered dna test and is there a time frame to get it done?

Dna testing [ 4 Answers ]

My children were born in Texas, we got court ordered child support through the Texas courts, then my ex- moved to Nebraska and is now telling me that one of my children isn't mine, How do I a court ordered dna test? Will I have to go to Nebraska? Or will she have to come here

Dna Testing [ 10 Answers ]

Can you have someone take a DNA test while in Jail? Can you have someone sign a birth certificate while in Jail?

View more questions Search