Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlsnyder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 12:39 PM
    How to change the electronic ignitor on a gas furnace?
    I have a carrier weathermaker series 100, gas furnace. I want to change the ignitor. Where can I find step by step instructions?

Thanks,
    DlSnyder
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Have you ever done that type work before?

If the answer is no, then it would be much smarter to call a technician and have him show you how to do the work correctly.

As you well know "Ignite-rs and Gas" can make a very big boom!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 06:28 PM
    If your ignitor has a dark area that glows when in operation do not touch that part on the new ignitor with your fingers. Oil from you skin will damage the ignitor. It is a bolt off bolt on install and naturally you will have to unplug the electric connection and plug it back in when you are done.

NOTE Turn off power to your unit while working on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change ignitor on Dacor stove top [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a replacement ignitor for Dacor stove top gas oven, but I am unable to remove the old one. It appears that it should lift right out, but it appears to be something holding it inside. I do not see a way to access inside the stove top. Any ideas would be appreciated. Marvin

Location of Ignitor in Carrier Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first winter in a new home... furnace is a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 58WAV from 1993. A couple of days ago my ignitor went bad, I bought a new ignitor for this model but to my surprise when I opened the unit I found that the bad ignitor (which was not the same as the correct...

Self ignitor furnace won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

Our Coleman Evcon furnace is reluctant to fire the first time in fall. The ignitor glows but then the gas will not fire. Is something dirty, is this something I can service myself? Appreciate any help, thanks.

Blower on and ignitor is glowing, but no gas heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a residential Carrier model. When heat is turned on, the blower comes on and the ignitor begins to glow, but the gas heat never fires. The gas valve is definitely turned on, and our hot water heater and oven work fine with gas heat. After the ignitor glows, I can hear a hissing sound for...

Furnace ignitor needs to be replaced and an additional valve? [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace started blowing out only cold air and the fan seems to run even if the thermostat is off, we tried replacing the thermostat and that was not the problem. It is a tech-4 gas furnace True blue 90. We were told it was the ignitor and that our model would also need to have an additional...

View more questions Search