Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Feb 2, 2006, 04:24 AM
    Share with DC ++
    Hi,
    I recently started to surf the internet but a software called dc ++ there I have to enter into different hubs and channels
    The real problem is most of the channels have some minimum share like 100mb, 500mb I am only able to enter into the 0 share channel
    Will somebody tell me how can I share my own files there and how to upload them so I can enter the shared ones as well
    Thanks
    Please help
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Before I start to help I just have to point out that if you share any copyrighted material via DC++ you are breaking the law.

But if you are sharing your vast collection of Linux distributions, well then it's fine.

To set up what folders to share on your PC, open up DC++. Then go File >> Settings >> Sharing >> Add Folders . Then just select what folders you want to share. The program will index the contents of those folders and total up how much you are sharing.

A quick note on those share limits. Most channels will check what you are sharing to make sure you just aren't sharing the same file 100 times or sharing rubbish nobody would want.
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Feb 2, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply
    Do you know any other softwares like this DC++
    Waiting for you informative answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thought I would share this PM [ 6 Answers ]

Hey folks, I thought I would share this PM I got from hedieh. Guess we got through!! I love to hear a happy ending!! :D:D

Share [ 3 Answers ]

Can I buy shares without contacting the broker( not paying commission )?

Time share [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Time Share in Florida, I stay in Michigan. I have been paying Maintenance Fee's and Taxes since about 1998. Can these fee's and taxes be claimed on my Federal Income Taxes, or how can I claim what I've paid down there. Thanks Thorn

Share my files using a vpn [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to setup a private network between two remote computers. Each one of the computers connects to the Internet using a dial-up connection. I am running the windows XP VPN server in the first computer and I establish a VPN over dial-up connection between them. The VPN server...

Share capital [ 1 Answers ]

How do you distinguish btwn: Authorised Share Capital / Issued Capital / Paid-up Capital

View more questions Search