Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lange435 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Power to my shed
    I want to run permanent power to my shed. I am trying to power a very small wood shop. This includes, circular saw, single stage air compressor, radio, 2 4' fluorescent light balasts, and a small router from time to time , small box fan. The run is 50' from the house and another 30' to the panel from the exterior wall penetration. What type and size wire should I use? Does freeze matter if the wire is run through water tight pvc, What is the minimum burial depth? I live in south jersey. Thanks for the help, Chris
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Your best bet is to hire a licensed electrician to do this job so it can be inspected by the county properly. I had a licensed electrician wire up my shed with an overhead light and two outlets. One to run say a coffeemaker and the other was wired so I could run a heavy duty power saw and not trip the breaker inside the house. I had two breakers installed in the breaker box just for the shed alone. This whole shebang cost me about $200 and easily passed the county inspector's scrutiny.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Rehab a Shed? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 11 ft by 28 ft shed I am looking to rehab and live in as a one room efficiency. Problem is, it needs a lot of work. I'm a woman so I really don't know much about these kind of things, and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. It has large cracks in the walls that need to be...

Power To A Shed [ 15 Answers ]

My 14 by 32 shed will be ready to go in a couple of weeks and I am trying to figure out what size wire I need to run from the panel on my house to the shed. It will have 6 110 outlets,1 220 outlet and 2 light outlets. I will primarily be running power tools and a air compressor that is 110. The 220...

Leveling for a shed [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought an 8X12 wooded shed kit for my backyard (including floor kit). I will not be using concrete, unless this is recommended? My problem is that I have a very unlevel yard. A local stone company recommended stone to level it, is this a good idea? Also where I want to put it is a low...

New Shed Wire [ 10 Answers ]

Built a new shed want to run a wire to shed to run 2 outlets 2 inside lights and an outside light I want a switch to ouside light in house and also in shed. I am going to use 12/2 wire encased in pcv pipe buried at least a foot in ground. I need to know how to wire this up and also can I pull the...

Wiring a shed [ 2 Answers ]

I just finished building a storage shed and want some electricity out there... what type of wiring and cost would it be to run 30-40 feet or wire?what other materials am I going to need? Thanks for any suggestions... later

View more questions Search