Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musicaddict Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Temporary hair dye.
    I really want to dye my hair but I'm going to use a temporary dye in my hair so I can find the best color for me. My hair is dark dirty blonde on top of my head and a lighter more orange dirty blonde on the bottom from the past summer. I want to dye my hair darker brown but I was wondering how long it would take for the temporary dye to come out and if it would stain my hair AND what is brand of dye is the best. :rolleyes: thanks
    Joleen0313 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
    My advice is to have it done professionally.
    But two things to remember.
    Color won't lift color. So if you go too dark you can not just pick up another box and go lighter, it will only make it darker.
    Also swatches they show you are on white hair. So go lighter then what you think.
    Look for formula's with out peroxide. Go to a beauty supply store if you can.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Temporary color is a deposit only color and will last through 6-12 shampoos, depending on your hair's porosity. If your hair is color treated or porous, it will absorb the color and take longer to wash out or may leave a permanent tint. If you want to go darker, then this type of color would be your best bet. To prevent the color from appearing too dark on your hair, opt for a color that's a shade or so lighter than your desired color. Temporary hair color can be found at beauty supply stores. Browse through the hair care aisle and select a brand that suits you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Temporary dye won't wash out [ 7 Answers ]

I dyed my hair with Natural Instincts- Dark Auburn. I really liked the color and all But my roots are growing in and I just can't get rid of it! It's fading, but I want it to go away! I have to start of professional job soon and I don't Want two different colors in my hair! I've tried Prell,...

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

Does anyone know of a temporary black hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my hair black almost a year ago and I went to the salon to get light brown highlights and right now I'm trying to let the sun fade the black out of my hair. Well I been seeing a lot of people lately with black hair and I kind of miss my black hair but I don't want to dye it because I don't...

Temporary hair dye [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My friend really wants to dye her hair blond, and she wants me to do it for her. This is a pretty big step, as she has very dark brown hair. I was wondering, is there a temporary hair dye we could use before so she doesn't regret it? I didn't know if it was possible to go from brown to...

View more questions Search