Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Waiting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Can a permanent resident be deported
    Hello, my name is Monica and live in S. Florida. My kids dad is serving 3 years for a drug/trafficking/possession charge. They put a immigration hold on him & he can't go on work release, or go work on outside grounds to work:confused. He is originally from Jamaica & is a permanent resident. (Of the U.S) When his mother became a citizen he was under the age of 18 & therefore at that time (1990) the law stated if parent was a citizen so was kids. However; he never applied for a U.S passport or a Certificate of Citizenship. Can he still be deported?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Yeah he could be deported and obviously if he has an immigration hold on him they are deciding whether to do so right now. There would usually be a hearing to decide, contact USCIS and see what's going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I get marry a resident and I try to do my papers can I still get deported? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is a resident... she haven't get her permanent residence yet... she will get it at the end of the year... I want to know if I get marry her and I try to do my papers can I get them?even thou she is a resident and what it would happen if emigrations try to deport me ( for any reason)...

Any specials for canadian PR (permanent resident) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, My status: (1) F1--->OPT--->H1B, H1B took effect in Nov. 2006, so I think I only can file as NR (using 1040NR) (2) My wife came to US and stayed here from 8/1/2006, she holds the B1/B2 (visitor visa) until the end of year 2006. In Jan. 2007, she changed her Visa to H4 (3) Both of us...

L1/J1- Permanent Resident Tax status [ 1 Answers ]

At the start of 2005 I was single and employed on an L1, my Fiancée then received a J1 and started work in mid-Jan as a Post-Dpoctral research scientist. We got married on June 25th and my Permenent Resisdent Visa was issued in late August through the US embassy in London. My wife received her...

View more questions Search