Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reganb110963 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Warrant Status Check
    I am doing some background investigation on a guy I am dating and a charge for OFF THEFT_500 came up in the dallas county. I can't tell if the charge was dismissed or not or if he ever showed up to court at all.

It has B080 Original_Warrant_Issued_$500.00_C/S_REQ ________ A 060906 01 on the Judicial Information sheet. I have his DA Case & Judcl Case # but cannot go any further than this. Do You know how I can find out if it has gone into a warrant or not?

BR
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Sure. Call the clerk of court's office, give them the case number and ask all the questions you want while you have the clerk on the phone. If you want you can also have the clerk read you any and all disposition sheets to you. Or you may ask the clerk how many pages is the file and what does it cost to have this copied and send them a check with the appropriate envelope for mailing it to you. You'll be surprised what you get back.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Normaly depending on where this info came from, but those cases where the charges were droped they will not show up,
    But with this info call and find out.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 05:53 AM
    [QUOTE=reganb110963]I am doing some background investigation on a guy I am dating and a charge for OFF THEFT_500 came up in the dallas county. I can't tell if the charge was dismissed or not or if he ever showed up to court at all.

It has B080 Original_Warrant_Issued_$500.00_C/S_REQ ________ A 060906 01 on the Judicial Information sheet. I have his DA Case & Judcl Case # but cannot go any further than this. Do You know how I can find out if it has gone into a warrant or not?

Is this the same person involved in the felony or misdemeanor question?

Also you can always ask him what happened to the charge and then decide whether to keep dating him - warrant or no warrant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

How do I check the status of my amended tax return [ 2 Answers ]

How do I check the status of my amended tax return?

Warrant check for passports? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex was arrested for domestic assault against me and for then going after my son, thus him being my ex. He was released ROR :eek: , failed to appear, was picked up again, paid bail and did not appear again. This was over 10 years ago. I recently ran into his cousin. She despises him pretty...

Fradulent Check Warrant [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently sent a letter dated June 25, 2007 from the Lexington County Sheriff's Dept located in South Carolina stating a request to appear in court to show proof of restitution that a check I wrote April 6, 1999 to a Bi-Lo Store in the amount of $37.24 has been made. Otherwise, I will be...

Can H1B status accept other company's check? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Friends I'm currently working as a H1B employee for company A. My friends ask ed me to purchase two computers for him, and he did not have enough money to pay me that time, he asked his part time company B to change his name to my name and give me a check as the payment for the purchase of...

View more questions Search