Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Had handson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Getting rid of died black hair *
    I have light brown hair and accidentally died it black. How do I get it back to brown? I have tried just brown dys but they just stay the same or make my hair darker. So is there any way to fade it out QUICKLY or dy it back to a similar color without bleaching it first?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
    You could try using clarifying shampoos to fade it out.

There are also hair colour removers available. L'oreal colour zap is a popular brand.
    If you do use it, remember your hair will be left looking a bit brassy so dye it to the colour you want.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Keep in mind that black hair color is the hardest to fade or remove. Permanent hair color will gradually fade over time, but it will not fade your hair to brown or light brown. If you want go from black to light brown, minus the red/orange shade, it's best pre-lighten your hair with bleach and then deposit the desired color. Another option is to use a 30-volume peroxide developer with your selected hair color in equal parts to achieve results. To avoid red/orange tones, choose a neutral or ash hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get rid of black hair! [ 3 Answers ]

Help me please! I have always loved changing my hair color and usually go to nice salons. I am naturally a med brown. I take very good care of my hair and I am in the process of letting it grow long! I went black around November 2006... I loved and got a lot of compliments. I am sick of it now,...

Purplish black hair! Wanting to get rid of the purple [ 5 Answers ]

Well, 3 days ago I went to the hairdressers to get my hair done ! I asked for a dark brown with reddy streaks! But, it didn't come out the way I wanted it to! Instead, my hair is nearly black. And the black has a really weird, noticeable purple tinge in the sunlight! And I've got the red...

Ahh getting rid of jet black hair dye - going back brown! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I've got such a problem! I dyed my hair a few days ago and it went ginger, so I dyed over it dark brown but it went jet black, and so I dyed over it with brown hair dye and it didn't make any difference I have brown extensions and they don't match and I can't afford black ones which I don't...

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

Getting rid of midnight black hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

I recently went to walmart and bought a hair dye kit for the first time just to do something spontaniously. I have medium brown hair and I dyed it midnight black. I really dislike the color, it is too dark. I just realized I am in a wedding in 10 days and I am wearing silver. Help!! I need to get...

View more questions Search