Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xsjado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 07:29 AM
    I have no idea what the hell I want to do
    I am an overthinker, I cannot stop thinking about aspects of my life others lives, heck, the world in general, and this stopps me being able to just do a normal job, I simply cannot settle for a career in reatil or office work, but equally I have to many other talents and interest to choose one, sometimes I feel like I don't want to do anything, basically, is it un realistic of me to feel that I should have a career in which I will be happy, I am driving myself insane, with ideas and observations that I want to share, but feel I will never be able to do them, and even when I am in education I always drop out feeling that it wasn't quite right, aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghh, way to confused to be typing this:(
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 07:51 AM
    What talents do you have and what interest/hobbies do you have??

I had the same problem a few years back - I am really into entertainment, that's what I enjoy and that's what where my talent lies. Singing, dancing, acting, DJing and I am really good at organising.

After working as a lifeguard, in Accounts doing Credit Control and doing children's disco's and I eventually branched out and got into the entertainment indusrty. I co-ordinate weddings and other events, I DJ in pubs/clubs - go out on mobiles to do Birthdays of all ages, weddings Etc and I am really happy and content and I can get a job in any sector of this idustry now that I have the experience.

So if you give me an idication of what you are into and good at, I made be able to help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 08:01 AM
    Hi, Xs,
    At 64 yrs old, retired, with 3 college degrees (one a Master's), and having worked 3 major jobs in my working career, I know where you are coming from!
    You didn't mention your age, but it's no matter, cause it really doesn't make a difference in most cases.
    At 33, I changed from Teaching to Engineering. I've also known others who made drastic career changes at 50. But, after 50, most companies don't want to hire older people, full-time, due too much higher Insurance Costs they have to pay for premiums.
    One thing is sure, supported by facts from Unemployment Commissions, State Employment Agencies, etc; and that is, a person with an education has a much, much better chance of getting a higher paying job.
    My advice to you is to find something related to what you have already tried, suck it up, and finish college or some schooling, with a diploma or degree. After that, you can decide what career you might want to work at.
    Finding a job and sticking with it for awhile will give income, and lead to better things.
    I do wish you the very best, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Contractor from Hell [ 2 Answers ]

I hired a general contractor to renovate my house. I give him a great amount of money and he has not done all the work. I found out he has ordered material but never paid for it or paid with a check that the account is closed. I asked him for my money back, he agreed and wrote me a personal check...

Hell! [ 67 Answers ]

DOES HELL EXIST? The Bible speaks more of Hell than of Heaven. Jesus said it and that settles it! What think ye? Bobbye

Different degrees of hell [ 46 Answers ]

This question is for people who believe in hell, obviously. Are there different degrees of suffering in hell, or is it the same amount of suffering for everyone who goes there? Why I ask is because it seems rather unfair that everyone should face the same punishment. Take murder, for example. Say...

Scared as Hell! [ 2 Answers ]

I have such a high respect for forensic science. I want to continue after high school to proceed in forensics. I am scared though that I am not smart enough and scared that it will be hard as hell. I just want some first base knowledge on college to major in that field is like?

What the hell do I keep doing wrong [ 2 Answers ]

I’m 17 and I have just left school probably the worst decision in my life because I get so depressed by it but it seem now I have a disposable income I can only go out at week end how every I can seem to always meet a girl then for a week have the best time ever then it all seems to go Pete Tong...

View more questions Search