Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sueno619 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Colour Correction/ Stripping Hair
    Ok i had a topic like 5 months ago about how i got my hair done for my birthday and wanting to go a little darker for winter however it came out waay to dark.
    It was a dark dark brown looked black, not to mention i had to go back the next day for her to fix it because she missed some parts of my hair. Overall i HATED it and just bared with it until last week. All i wanted was to get it back to my natural light brown hair colour. So i decided to dye it myself however when i was finished, very upset that only my roots dyed a light brown on top as the rest of my hair stayed that dark colour, so now i'm 2 toned! I tell you i've been having the worst luck with my hair and so i went to go find a upscale salon. Well a friend had told me good things about this place and this lady who does the colouring. So i called and made a consultation appt. Next day went in and showed her and mentioned what all had happend and bascially she said what my mom told me which was that i had to strip that darker colour out of my hair, then she would re-dye it. Also because stripping can damage your hair and my hair is really fine/thin she also recommended that i also get a deep conditioning treatment or whatever. At this point i was so anxious to get this fixed and i had the money to do it. I am very sad to say and very disappointed after leaving and coming home with family telling me my hair looks orange/redish, also come to find out all through-out my hair i noticed blonde patches and on top of all that, it's still 2 toned!!! I mean i know about how people say stripping your hair takes time but my hair wasnt black. She told me it was working really fast and if i had black hair i would be sitting there all day when i was only sitting there no longer than 10mins. I am very concerned about this since i paid a nice amount of $$$ doing this and i am not satisfied at all. I actually have a appt with her tomrw so i can bring it to her attention and see what she will or won't do for me, and i hope for her to fix it with no additional cost, right?

I know i need to give my hair a vacation and let it rest but i really need to fix this, ASAP! Not good for work or school you know.

Does anyone have any advice to help me out? Also how long do i have to wait now until i can re-dye and fix this problem???

Thanks!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2008, 04:41 PM
    I command you for making an appointment to see your hair stylist. Some people will attempt to fix their hair themselves and can make matters worse. If you're unsatisfied with the results, you should definitely go back to the salon and have them fix your hair. Just explain to the salon owner or manage that you're not happy with the results, and perhaps he/she won't charge you for it. When you get your hair color corrected, you can color your hair every 4-6 weeks to retouch the roots or refresh the color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dye stripping, is my hair going to fall out? [ 2 Answers ]

hey everyone:), just YET another question about stripping dye from hair... just wondering, is it really that bad?? because there's such mixed comments on the topic! ive heard of the wonders...and the disasters! hairs black, wanna go brown with maybe a few highlights... but thats not really...

Stripping hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I really don't know what to do, my hair is naturally blonde but I think it will be a dark mousy blonde by now as I am only young and hair gets darker but I dyed my hair 3 months ago reddish brown with blonde flashes, I then dyed it brown with red flashes and now its just brown. However I...

Hair Colour Correction [ 2 Answers ]

Hair Colour Correction, HELP!! I died my hair dark brown a couple of months ago, but it turned black. When my roots came through I put 2 other colours on to try and lighten my hair but it only took to my roots, I now have black hair, a brown colour, and my natural medium brown re-growth. So...

Colour Stripping on Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I Used to be bright blonde and stupidly decided to dye my hair brown I had this done at a salon. I then used a home kit and went over it in red , so now I have reddy brown hair. I did this about 2 months ago I now want to dye it back blonde , I went to a good local salon who did a strand test and...

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

View more questions Search