Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racheylou Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Hair colour
    Hi there wondering can anyone offer any advice I had a disaster about a week ago I tried to bleach my hair an as you can probably guess it came out orange, luckily I managed to sort it out by putting a light ash blonde colour on and its turned out OK my hair is still in good condition which I'm surprised about. Anyway I would still like to go a shade lighter I was told by a hair dresser to stick with using ash colours for the next couple of applications as I may still have orange/red tones in my hair. How long should I wait before applying another colour I'm so confused as I keep getting different answers?? :confused:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 8, 2008, 10:46 AM
    The hair stylist is correct. Since dark hair contains a lot of red pigments in it, ash hair colors work best on dark hair. If your hair is in good condition, you can go a head and re-color it. Be sure to use a deep condition after you color your hair.

If you really want a decent blonde shade without the brassy tones, you will need to bleach the underlying pigments to a yellow stage and then apply a toner. As I've mentioned before, ash blonde colors don't contain enough blue or green base in them to counter-act all the red/orange tones in your hair. So you will still have a hint orange or red hue when using ash blonde shades.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old dyed hair & regrowth! I need to know if I could have my hair colour striped! [ 1 Answers ]

Right, I dyed my hair from strawberry blonde to a light brown (to match my natural colour) and at the time the colour was great. Five months have passed and my natural hair colour is a bit darker and the dyed hair colour is a horrid ginger/brown in comparison to my natural colour. I have a family...

Hair Colour [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! Can anyone please help me! I have very fair skin and blonde hair just wondering what colour dress would look best of me! Need to look the best :confused:

Hair colour [ 1 Answers ]

I highlited my hair but its gone a orange colour what can I do Kind regards mand

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

Hair colour [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Michelle and I have a hair question. I have just got my hair coloured chocolate brown after I had highlights that caused serious roots to show. My natural hair colour is a medium mousy brown. I want to get it back to my natural as this colour is too dark? Any thoughts?:(

View more questions Search