That she spent alive on earth.
    And now only those who loved her
    Know what that little line is worth."

"For it matters not, how much we own;
    The cars, the house, the cash,
    What matters is how we live and love
    And how we spend our dash."

-The Simple Truths

Are you living that "dash" the way you really want to?:)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Not yet, But I will thanks Stringer, that is thoughtful!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 05:22 PM
    When they finally find my body, none of that will pertain to me. They'll just be scraching their heads wondering how I got hold of a Russian Mig.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Thank you start,

I wonder how many are, and how many stop to tell those that they care about that they love them. How many are doing the things that they think they should be doing. We impact on everyone that we know or meet everyday.

I know that I am no where close to being the person I want to be... like most, I always thought that "I have time."

Stringer
    Business Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    When they finally find my body, none of that will pertain to me. They'll just be scraching their heads wondering how I got hold of a Russian Mig.
    Mag, thanks, that is funny... tell me what impact did you have with that Mig? I'm sure your answer will be very interesting.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Although I'm happy with my dash so far
    (except for some poor choices I made as a teenager:o ),
    There is a lot more I'd like to add there.
    Business Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:34 PM
    AK, I am sure that you will make your "dash" a long straight line with lots of love and caring to share dear...

Thank you for your thoughts... Stringer
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 10:05 PM
    I'm happy with my dash so far, I love my life and everyone in it, of course I still have lots of plans for my life. I'd like to be around long enough to watch my kids grow into adults, watch them fall in love, marry, have children of their own. I would love to actually take the time and write the book that I know is in my head. I'd like to start my no kill animal shelter and rescue as many animals as I can. I'd like to put a stop to puppy mills and the mistreatment of animals. Gosh, I better stick around for a long time, I still have lots of stuff that I want in my dash.
    Business Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    I'm happy with my dash so far, I love my life and everyone in it, of course I still have lots of plans for my life. I'd like to be around long enough to watch my kids grow into adults, watch them fall in love, marry, have children of their own. I would love to actually take the time and write the book that I know is in my head. I'd like to start my no kill animal shelter and rescue as many animals as I can. I'd like to put a stop to puppy mills and the mistreatment of animals. Gosh, I better stick around for a long time, I still have lots of stuff that I want in my dash.
    Altenweg, you and I have spoken before and I know the type of person you are from your posts, You are a good person. These things you listed are things that make your "dash" count.

That is what I intended in the thread, I want people to say what they want their lives to be, what they hope to accomplish, what is in their hearts, their futures?:)

Stringer
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Altenweg, you and I have spoken before and I know the type of person you are from your posts, You are a good person. These things you listed are things that make your "dash" count.

That is what I intended in the thread, I want people to say what they want their lives to be, what they hope to accomplish, what is in their hearts, their futures?:)

Stringer

Thank you so much for the kinds words.

I try to make my dash count everyday. I lost my parents in 2001 and I know how very precious life is. Live each day as if it were your last, because you never know when your time will come.

I know that the things I want to do are doable and I plan on them being included in my dash. My main hope is to see my kids grow up, I want to know that they can take care of themselves and that they find a way to realize their own dreams and make the most of their own dash. We only get one chance so we better make it count.
    Business Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:07 PM
    They will be fine... count on it... I know this.
    Stringer
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Stringer - You are such a sweetie, this I know from my dealings with you on this site. You are also a wonderful person and I love this post. I love your signatures, it certainly gives us a glimpse into you beliefs.

It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful, caring, kind, loving people I've met on this site. It has restored my faith in humanity which was sadly on a downward spiral this last year. I feel truly blessed to have found this place, and people like you.

Take care dear friend.

Andrea
    Business Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Thank you Altenweg, THOSE are very kind words.

I agree, I too have made many friends at the desk and I would feel lost without them. I browse through the many posts when I have a chance and see many people who need help and I think that you will agree that most people here have an honest desire to help others. Some are lost at the moment and are just looking for someone to care or suggest something that will give them hope.

Every interaction with others gives us experience and then that experience can be shared.

Again thank you, life really is short, too often we think that we have all the time in the world. My mom was adamant about teaching us to always say "I love you" to each other every chance we got. She said that because she never wanted us to wonder about it. When she occasionally did forget to tell me, as I walked out the door, I found myself reminding her.

That is a little off the subject, but I would like to think that all of us can make a list of what we want to accomplish in our lives. And then do something about it. Do what you really know you want to do, and be proud of it.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search